Specialists in General Radiology
Arvika, Värmland Region, Sweden
About Värmland region’s healthcare
Together with our patients, we strengthen public health and develop health care so that it can contribute to a world-class quality of life for Värmland’s 290,000 inhabitants. We run health centres throughout Värmland and there are three emergency hospitals here: in Arvika, Karlstad and Torsby.
Our healthcare is knowledge-based and appropriate, individualized, efficient and equal. We work with a person-centred care that is based on the individual patient’s needs. Care should be given close to the patient, and on the patient’s terms.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR COLLEAGUES
Now we are looking for colleagues who want to be involved, developed and evolve together with us. We are looking for you who are a specialist in Radiology from the EU; and would like to live and work in Arvika.
Profile general radiologist:
• General radiologist (Conventional radiology, CT, ultrasound, basic MRI preferably) with some / a few years’ experience as a specialist – e.g., not worked for many years in just one examination method.
• Solid and broad MRI knowledge a plus
• Preferably be accustomed to simpler interventions on ultrasound and X-rays with nephrostomy inserts
• Be able / willing to go on call / stand-by
• Social skills and ability to work together
Your benefits as an employee
Within the Värmland Region, we have an important assignment. We are there for everyone in Värmland to feel good. That is why we as an employer take care of you. Here we list some benefits:
- All employees with us have at least 25 vacation days and as a new employee you have paid vacation earned from the very first day. We offer more days than the holiday law says.
- We give employees the opportunity for learning and developing skills in their daily work.
- We take care of you as an employee and create conditions for financial security throughout life. We have good benefits and various insurances.
- In most of our activities, there is the possibility of flexitime.
We share knowledge, experiences and clear strategies to be able to handle new challenges and quickly integrate into Swedish society. We also help you and your family with the relocation and establishment process. Read more at Ny i Värmland – https://nyivarmland.se/relocation-service/
A more comfortable life in Värmland
- Värmland is a vigorous, creative, welcoming and open place where you can live a more comfortable life. Here you work and live surrounded by a wild nature with effervescent deep forests, calm lakes, lively rivers and fine farms. But also an open and welcoming environment, an international business community, a strong storytelling tradition, inspiring culture, sports and outdoor life and an innovative university.
- Here you can read more about Värmland https://visitvarmland.com/english/
ABOUT THE WORKPLACE:
Radiologists are available at the hospitals in Karlstad, Arvika and Torsby and at Region Värmland’s health centres in Säffle and Kristinehamn. We perform examinations and treatments using X-rays, CT, ultrasound and MRI. Our staff consists of radiologists, radiographers, assistant nurses and care administrators. We work entirely on the basis of referral.
The hospital has most specialties. The surgical activities are extensive in orthopaedics and surgery, including endoscopic activities. We also conduct business in medicine, X-ray, rehabilitation, laboratory with blood donation, surgery and intensive care. At the hospital, there is also a psychiatric reception, gynaecological reception, an ear, nose and throat reception, a hearing centre, an oncologist reception and an eye reception with belonging subspecialties. The number of care places amounts to 50.
The emergency reception is open 24 hours a day, and the primary care on-call centre is also located here on weekends.
The hospital has about 530 employees.
By individual agreement.
The starting salary for specialists in 2023 in the Värmland Region is SEK 78.800 (directly after completed specialist training without any experience).
The average salary for specialist doctors in Sweden is between 80-90.000 SEK.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
- During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel, accommodation and meals are financed by Mediflexible
- 6-7 months long, free intensive Swedish course up to C1 level, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
- Free language education for adult family members – up to B2 level
- Help with the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
- free Swedish legal and social training which consists of 40 lessons
- Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
- Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
- Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
- When moving, support for travel and transport of furniture is available. The sum is individually agreed, however, generally it is maximum 15.000 SEK.
Documents required for application:
- Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
- Cover letter
- Scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
- two references
If you are interested, please send your detailed professional CV and other necessary documents to email@example.com ASAP.