Specialist in Family Medicine/ General Medicine
Healthcare Centre Verkstaden in Arvika, Värmland Region
Värmland Region is looking for a specialist doctor
Together with our patients, we strengthen public health and develop health care so that it can contribute to a world-class quality of life for Värmland’s 290,000 inhabitants. We run health centres throughout Värmland and there are three emergency hospitals here: in Arvika, Karlstad and Torsby.
Our healthcare is knowledge-based and appropriate, individualized, efficient and equal. We work with a person-centred care that is based on the individual patient’s needs. Care should be given close to the patient, and on the patient’s terms.
We are looking for a colleague to Healthcare Centre Verkstaden
Now we are looking for a colleague who wants to be involved and developed together with us. We are looking for you who are a specialist in:
- Family Medicine/ General Medicine
• Specialist in general medicine
• Be able / willing to go on call / stand-by
• Social skills and ability to work together
• Having a B-category driver’s licence
Your benefits as an employee
Within the Värmland Region, we have an important assignment. We are there for everyone in Värmland to feel good. That is why we as an employer take care of you. Here we list some benefits:
- All employees with us have at least 25 vacation days and as a new employee you have paid vacation earned from the very first day. We offer more days than the holiday law says.
- We give employees the opportunity for learning and developing skills in their daily work.
- We take care of you as an employee and create conditions for financial security throughout life. We have good benefits and various insurances.
- In most of our operations, there is the possibility of flexitime.
We share knowledge, experiences and clear strategies to be able to handle new challenges and quickly integrate into Swedish society. We also help you and your family with the relocation and establishment process. Read more at: https://nyivarmland.se/relocation-service/
Healthcare in Värmland
Region Värmland runs three hospitals: Karlstad, Arvika and Torsby, with a variety of specialist receptions. In total, we employ approximately 700 doctors, 2.200 nurses and 1.200 assistant nurses. As one of the largest employers in Värmland, we have roughly 7,400 employees and run 20 health centres with GPs as well as maternity and childcare. We have good experience from recruitment from other countries as well as expertise in laws and regulations regarding migration and authorization of healthcare staff from abroad.
A more comfortable life in Värmland
- Värmland is a vigorous, creative, welcoming and open place where you can live a more comfortable life. Here you work and live surrounded by a wild nature with effervescent deep forests, calm lakes, lively rivers and fine farms. But also an open and welcoming environment, an international business community, a strong storytelling tradition, inspiring culture, sports and outdoor life and an innovative university.
- Oslo is only 100 km from the national border, while Stockholm is 250 km from the county’s eastern border. There is great access to water here with a total of 11.118 lakes and rivers, and Sweden’s and the European Union’s largest lake Vänern in the south.
- The area of Eastern Värmland borders Norway and has an environment that invites to spontaneous outdoor life with access to a rich wildlife as well as plenty of forests and watercourses. Here there is room to live close to nature and at the same time find a better balance in life with great development opportunities in professional life. For the family, Sweden offers generous parental leave, cheap preschool and free studies right up to university level.
- Here you can read more about Värmland https://visitvarmland.com/english/
Health-centre Verkstaden is in Arvika in West-Värmland: https://visitvarmland.com/arvika/en/
By individual agreement.
The starting salary for specialists in 2023 in the Värmland Region is SEK 80.000 (directly after completed specialist training without any experience).
The average salary for specialist doctors in Sweden is between 80-90.000 SEK.
Welcome to Värmland!
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
- During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel, accommodation and meals are financed by Mediflexible
- 6-7 months long, free intensive Swedish course up to C1 level, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
- Free language education for adult family members – up to B2 level
- Help with the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
- free Swedish legal and social training which consists of 40 lessons
- Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
- Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
- Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
- When moving, support for travel and transport of furniture is available. The sum is individually agreed, however, generally it is maximum 15.000 SEK.
Documents required for application:
- Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
- Cover letter
- Scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
- Two references
If you are interested, please send your detailed professional CV and other necessary documents to email@example.com ASAP.