Job for General Nurses in Middle-Sweden
Requirements for education
Nursing diplomafrom within EU or at least three years of relevant work experience on the field of nursing in an EU member country.
We are looking for you who are a general nurse or you who are a nurse with further education in Psychiatry or other further education that the employer deems adequate. If you have previous experience of working in Psychiatry and with eating disorders, it is advantageous, but it is not a requirement.
When you start with us, you will receive individual training based on your circumstances.
You work day, evening and weekend so it is advantageous if you have experience in working in inconvenient time.
Personal qualities required for the position
For this role, we would like to see that you are a person who is confident and stable in stressful situations and that you have good cooperation skills. You also possess the ability to adapt messages based on an understanding of the recipient’s conditions. We also would like to see the fact that you are structured, used to taking your own initiative and starting activities, and easily able to adapt to changing circumstances as important abilities of yours. Great emphasis is placed on personal suitability.
Planned date of employment
The salary-scale is wide, it is 27.500-46.500 SEK for general nurses and 33.150-55.700 for specialist nurses, depending on professional background (number of years as a nurse/ specialist nurse, ability to work independently in Sweden, language skills, ranking etc.).
Though, the average salary for general nurses is 33.000-40.000 SEK and for specialist nurses is 36-42.000 SEK.
The first salary for newly graduated nurses is 27.500 SEK. The salary during the introductory period will be the same for nurses from abroad during a temporary period of maximum 6 months.
Description of the job
In the role of nurse/psychiatric nurse, you participate in a team that offers eating disorder treatment to individuals suffering from serious eating disorders. The treatment is multifaceted and includes both environmental therapy, somatic care, group therapy, support in food situations for the patient and dialogue with the patient and relatives about care. It also includes that you establish care planning together with the team. Somatic assessments and administering medicine are also part of the assignment.
Knowledge development in the business is important. Both internal training and collaboration with other units for training will take place. In parallel, regular supervision will be provided. There are opportunities for advancing and further education as well as for research. Research interest that aims to improve the care of individuals with eating disorders is particularly welcomed. There is also the possibility of supervision in research.
About Psychiatry in the region
County health care psychiatry and habilitation coordinates the county health care for adult psychiatry, child and adolescence psychiatry and habilitation in the County health care operations are conducted at a number of receptions located in several locations in the county. The area has approximately 700 employees.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
- During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Mediflexible
- 6-7 months long, free Swedish course, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
- Free language education for family members (spouses and school-aged children) on basic level, or to C1 level for spouses who are also healthcare staff
- Assistance in the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
- 40 hours long free Swedish legal and social training
- Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
- Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
- Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
In this region, one can receive further benefits, too. These are means-tested benefits, so it is individually judged which benefit can be received (none, one of them or both) for an individual.
- In connection with moving from another location, a reasonable relocation allowance can be issued. The region pays a moving company after having received at least 2-3 different quotes from different moving companies from which the region will choose the one it will pay.
- Start-up grants also can be issued up to SEK 40,000 (excluding social security contributions). The grant is paid out in four instalments during a two-years’ period. A repayment obligation will be regulated in a contract, in the event that the employment period set in the Guarantee of Employment will not be completed.
Documents required for application:
- Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
- scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
- scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
- two English-speaking reference persons who are reachable on phone
If you are interested, please send your detailed professional CV and other necessary documents as soon as possible to email@example.com