Requirements for education
Specialist in Radiology
Sahlgrenska University Hospital is looking for specialist doctors in radiology and mammography. Interest in research and education is an advantage. You will work in a team with doctor colleagues, X-ray nurses, assistant nurses and administrative staff. Great emphasis is placed on performing and developing work on a scientific basis, in close collaboration with other clinical disciplines. Research and education at basic and specialist level are conducted in close collaboration with Sahlgrenska Academy.
Description of the activity
Business area of Radiology at Sahlgrenska University Hospital is a certified center for specialist education and the only one in the Nordic region which has subspecialized education, according to ETAP 2.0. Radiology is located on three different hospital sites and is part of a common area of activity with developed collaboration. Radiology at Sahlgrenska is divided into different sections with organ focus, in addition to these there is a special unit for Mammography.
Once one has reached B2-level, they move to Gothenburg and start a trial period as an assistant doctor with 50% language training and 50% clinical introduction until C1-level is reached and legitimation is obtained. Salary during this time is SEK 46,000 / month. After the probation period it will raise continuously up to 60-70.000 SEK or even more.
Further information will be shared at the interview.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
• During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Mediflexible
• 4-5 months long, free Swedish course on B2-level, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
• assistance during the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
• Welcome Services will be provided by the employer (seeking for flat, contact with authorities, school for children etc.)
Further assistance will be negotiated with the Swedish employer. He will ensure you with language education and help in relocation.
Documents required for application:
– Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
– Cover letter
– scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official