Requirements for education
Specialist exam in Surgery, Urology or Vascular Surgery from within EU.
Required a transplant surgeon who can perform donor surgeries and kidney transplants independently. Specialist with transplant specialization in either urology, surgery or alternative vascular surgery who can perform the above transplants independently.
Salary for staff with Swedish legitimation
To be negotiated but around 85-95.000 SEK (8400-9.300 EUR).
University Hospital of Skåne
At Skåne University Hospital (SUS) there is the whole breadth: highly specialized care, research and education. We have activity in both Malmö and Lund.
Sus is Sweden’s third largest hospital. We provide highly specialized care with national health care in four areas. Here, research is closely linked to patient-centred clinical activities and in collaboration with Lund University. We teach and supervise students, who are our future employees. Students in all professional categories (physiotherapists, nurses, counsellors, doctors, assistant nurses and more) have so-called VFU, work-based education, with us.
At Sus, we are around 12,000 employees with over 100 different professions.
A normal day at SUS
All figures are average per day from 2019.
24 children are born.
415 visits to the emergency rooms.
128 patients are operated on (based on an average from operations Monday-Friday).
1235 patients are cared for at the hospital.
1025 examinations are performed in X-ray and other diagnostics.
5 scientific articles are published.
Number of kilometres of culvert: about 7 kilometres.
Cleaning area: 421,000 m² (or almost 59 football pitches).
Information about the workplace
The transplant unit conducts kidney and pancreas transplants as well as organ donation with both living and deceased donors. The section employs transplant surgeons, assistant doctors and coordinators. Our main area of research is clinical research with a focus on activating the immune system after transplantation. The work is varied, mainly in inpatient care but also a small amount of reception work. The doctor will be part of the community that exists within the area of activity, and they will have knowledge in transplantation and immunology. The doctor will work with chronically ill patients, which places demands on empathy and both emotional and decision-making competence. The doctor must be proactive, flexible, easy to work with and has a good communicative ability.
A description of Region Skåne as an employer and organization
Region Skåne is responsible for health and medical care, public transport and sustainable development throughout Skåne. Our highest decision-making body is the regional council, which is elected directly by the inhabitants of Skåne.
Region Skåne is a value-driven organization that works with the values of welcoming, motivating, consideration and respect as the basis for everything we do.
In Skåne there are both university hospitals, emergency hospitals and local hospitals, with different types of care and different specialties.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
• During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Mediflexible
• 6-7 months long, free Swedish course, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
• Help with your application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process • Free Swedish legal and social training consisting of 40 classes
• Free language education for family members
• Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
• Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
• Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.) by agreement with the employer
Documents required for application:
• Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
• Cover letter
• Scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
• Scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
• Two English-speaking reference persons who are reachable on phone