Business area K5 Ophthalmology Clinic, Västra Götaland
Place of work
First of all, Skövde, but there is also a need for ophthalmologist in Falköping, Lidköping and Mariestad. Personal preferences for placement will be considered by the chief of doctors.
Requirements for education
Specialist in Ophthalmology
Wide general competence in the speciality.
Brief description of the service
Work in Ophthalmology with on-call duty. Supervision of junior colleagues is included in the position. We offer a wide range of reception services as well as surgical services that include, among other things, cataract, glaucoma, strabismus and eye plastic surgery.
Working hours: 40h/w, 08-17 Mon-Fri.
On-call time: preparedness at home approx. 1 night every other week + 1 weekend with physical attendance in the clinic every other month
Patients: includes assessment, investigation and treatment of children and adult patients in need of eye care at a specialist level.
Research: at the clinic, space is given to influence one’s own clinical activities, and for those interested in research there is the opportunity to do this. We conduct active research primarily in glaucoma.
Ophthalmology – Västra Götaland
Salary for staff with Swedish legitimation
Individual and differentiated salary setting based on the person’s experience and competence. Otherwise divided into three levels:
Once one has reached B2-level, she / he move to Gothenburg and start a trial period as an assistant doctor with 50% language training and 50% clinical introduction until C1-level is reached and legitimation is obtained. Salary during this time and while we wait for Swedish licence to practice is SEK 44,000-47.000 / month.
New salary directly as a Swedish license for the speciality has been issued approx. 65,000 SEK
For experienced head-doctor, the salary is set slightly higher, at approximately SEK 77,000-80,000 which later will be gradually higher.
Planned date of employment
By common agreement, after completing Swedish language course on B2-level.
Brief description of the recruiting organisation
Skaraborg Hospital (SkaS) has business in several locations in Skaraborg, including in Falköping, Lidköping, Mariestad and Skövde. We provide specialist healthcare in about thirty specialties and work together for the patient’s health through life, where we offer a cohesive and safe care.
The Ophthalmology Clinic at Skaraborg Hospital has a catchment area of 250,000 inhabitants, which makes us a large county hospital clinic. Broad reception activities as well as surgical operations that include, among other things, cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus and eye plastic surgery. The clinic is located in four hospital locations in the county, where the nursing department and most of the operational activities are located in Skövde. For some time now, we have moved into completely newly built premises that support our development opportunities.
The Ophthalmology Clinic is part of a business area that includes the eye and ear clinic, speech therapy and jaw surgery. We have approximately 200 employees who work preventively with the patient in the centre and are responsible for specialist care of patients of all ages with acute and chronic diseases.
It is a beautiful area located between Lake Vänern and Lake Vättern and with good connections to both Gothenburg (1 hour by train) and Stockholm (2 hours by train).
PLUS introductory program is applied to doctors trained in countries within the EU but outside of Sweden. Prerequisites are knowledge of the Swedish language at the lowest level B2 and employment in the Västra Götaland Region. Swedish licence to practice is not a requirement.
The purpose of PLUS is to create familiarity in the Swedish health care system for doctors trained abroad by contributing with increased knowledge and understanding. The goal is for the participants to develop good language skills, a good understanding of attitudes and treatment issues as well as familiarity with the regulations that apply and which actors and partners exist around health care. This contributes to increased security for the participant and thus increased patient safety in care.
The education includes:
• continuation course in the Swedish language with communication and culture (level C1)
• lectures and seminars: topics related to the professional approach in Swedish health care; for example, interprofessional collaboration, ethics, person-centred care, laws and regulations, documentation, insurance medicine, mental illness and more
• group supervision in small groups with reflection on own experiences and theoretical sections, under the guidance of experienced doctors.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
• During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Mediflexible
• 5 months long, free Swedish course on B2-level, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
• Assistance during the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
Ophthalmology – Västra Götaland
• Assistance in finding a flat or house for the applicant
• Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
• Assistance in the first steps to be able to settle down in Sweden
Documents required for application:
• Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
• Cover letter
• scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
If you are interested please send your detailed professional CV and other necessary documents to email@example.com before the 28th of November.