Radiologist, i.e., a specialist who has a broad general radiological profile with expertise in conventional X-ray, ultrasound and CT.
We expect the candidates to have experience of working on radioscopy and ultrasound, they should be able to do nephrostomy replacement and have experience of emergency activity in X-ray.
Description of work at the actual clinic and its assignment and goal
Bollnäs Hospital is a medical emergency hospital, which means that our activity at the X-ray department is combined with both emergency and planned activity.
The X-ray department is part of the business area Image and Functional Medicine and we work with diagnostic radiology in appropriate premises with modern equipment.
At the X-ray department in Bollnäs, approximately 24,000 diagnostic examinations are performed per year with a machine park consisting of an ultrasound, a magnetic camera, a computed tomography and two conventional X-ray machines, one of which has a radioscopy function.
What is attractive about the service / business?
Working hours are daytime Monday to Friday. Primary and background on-call duty are staffed from Hudiksvall from 16.00-22.00. After 22.00, an external control is used. Opportunity for on-call / preparedness service during the evening and weekend is available, but then with a location in Hudiksvall.
You can be part of a business with great commitment, a diverse and exciting work with the patient in focus and be part of our knowledge-compact team with committed colleagues.
Challenges and areas of development within the business
We are in a good phase with our development, which is continuous.
The population of the catchment area
Appr. 27.000 inhabitants in Bollnäs municipality.
Number of employees
2 head-doctors, 1 specialist, 14 radiographers, 8 assistant nurses.
For the past three years, we have not had any staff turnover in the doctor front.
Job description / what is included in the service and placement?
As a specialist doctor with us, you work both independently and are part of an interprofessional team with other professional categories, competencies and knowledge aspects in order to be able to carry out qualitative and comprehensive work for our patients. Your closest colleagues consist of radiologists, radiographers, assistant nurses and administrative staff.
We are looking for a broad general radiological profile with expertise in conventional X-ray, ultrasound and CT.
Clinical experience is desirable from the areas of:
- Experience of work on radioscopy and ultrasound,
- you should be able to do nephrostomy replacement,
- and have experience of emergency activity in X-rays.
- Ability to work together: Works well with other people. Relates to them in a responsive and flexible way. Listens, communicates and resolves conflicts in a constructive way.
- Service-oriented: Is calm, attentive and accommodating in his treatment. Has interest, willingness and ability to help others and strives to deliver solutions.
- Initiative: Takes initiative, initiates activities and achieves results.
- Flexibility: Easy to adapt to changing circumstances. Can change quickly his/ her point of view and attitude. Sees the possibilities in change.
Important personal characteristics
Areas of responsibility / requirements linked to the service
There are trips, but not so often.
The following salary is valid for 2022. From next year, a bit higher salary can be expectable.
- Assistant doctor, general fixed-term employment 43 100 SEK during Swedish studies B2 – C1 in combination with work 50/50 before Swedish legitimation and specialist licence.
- Legitimated assistant doctor, general fixed-term employment 47 100 SEK after having Swedish legitimation and specialist licence and during introduction to the role.
- Leg. assistant doctor, permanent employment SEK 51,100. When the candidate is able to perform the work required in the role.
- Specialist doctor, permanent employment SEK 64,800. When the candidate manages his / her duties independently.
- Head-doctor, permanent employment. After a while, it is possible to apply for a position as a head-doctor where the salary is negotiated individually and can be even 70-80.000 SEK or more.
Opportunity for on-call / preparedness during the evening and weekend is available, but then
with location in Hudiksvall. On-call work is not a requirement.
23rd or 30th of May.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
• During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel, accommodation and meals are financed by Mediflexible
• Free Swedish course from A1 to C1 level. Between A1 and B2 online and B2 – C1 in the workplace in combination with work. The candidates will study 2 full days and a half day per week and work the remaining 2.5 days per week. Financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation).
• Free language education for family members – to B2 level for spouses and school-age children is obligatory.
• Help with the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
• Free Swedish legal and social training which consists of 40 lessons
• Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
• Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
• Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
• Support for moving: 20.000 SEK for singles and 30.000 SEK for families for furniture transport + 5.000 SEK for travel costs.
Radiology – Gävleborg
- Documents required for application:
• Professional English CV in which your experience is detailed
• Cover letter
• Scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
• Scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
• Two English-speaking reference persons, one of them must be a chief and the other a colleague.
As a part of the application process, we need to take a personality test with our candidates and its result must be presented for the Swedish employer.
If you are interested, please send your detailed professional CV and other necessary documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9. May.