Academic degree in Radiography / X-ray assistance (or in some equivalent specialty) from
within the European Union.
Description of work at the actual clinic and its assignment and goal
X-rays are a central part of medical diagnostics and we perform many different types of examinations such as conventional X-ray examinations e.g. abdomen, skeleton and lungs, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, X-ray / intervention and ultrasound examinations. At the ward, some treatment measures are also performed, such as narrowing of blood vessels and relief of the kidneys.
What is attractive about the service / business?
A well-developed introductory program of 8 months, during which you get to learn about the machine park and everything that is expected of a radiographer. An exciting and developing work in collaboration with committed colleagues and with the patient in focus. Varying tasks, as they rotate on the different machines in the machine park. Overall competence in the department.
Challenges and areas of development within the business
In good phase with its development which is continuous.
Plans for the future (if the activity will be developed in any particular direction, organizational changes etc.)
The machine park is 7-10 years old, so now in the coming years there are a lot of procurements underway.
The population of the catchment area
37.000 in Hudiksvall community.
Number of employees
14 assistant nurses
9 ST doctors (trainees)
4 specialist doctors
15 chief doctors
4 administrative staff
Job description / what is included in the service and placement?
A radiographer independently performs different types of diagnostic examinations. The job also includes assisting doctors with certain interventional treatments or with examinations in X-rays. X-ray in Hudiksvall is a round-the-clock activity, which means both day, evening / night and night preparedness.
Important personal characteristics
Flexibility, ability to work in a team, initiative and service-oriented.
The candidate begins his employment as an assistant nurse with 6 months probationary employment and salary 26,700 SEK (from 21.04.01). If everything goes according to plan, the probationary employment will be transferred to permanent employment as either an assistant nurse or a radiographer. Employment as a radiographer requires licence to practice from the National Board of Health and Welfare.
When presenting Swedish licence to practice as a radiographer, the starting salary is 31,000 / month (fr 21.04.01).
The most common, however, is that after the first 6 months of probationary employment, one is still employed as an assistant nurse before Swedish licence to practice. In order to obtain Swedish legitimation as a radiographer, it is required that one has language level C1 in Swedish and in addition one usually needs to complete his/her education from the home country to obtain Swedish licence to practice.
On-call duties and their organisation
We have a wish scheme, but for the sake of fairness, there are certain frameworks within which one must stay:
- On an 8-week schedule, one works 7 evenings (of which 3 evenings are Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening) + 1 day weekend,
- Evening / night duty working hours at 14: 30-01: 00, after which standby 01: 00-07: 00,
- Weekend daytime from 08: 00-16: 30.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
- During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel, accommodation and cost is financed by the employer
- Free Swedish course up to B2-level online and between B2 and C1 online in Hudiksvall (each work-day afternoon), financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
- Participation in language education on B2 level is obligatory for the family members who are in school-age or above, the costs concern Mediflexible
- Help with the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
- 40 hours long free Swedish legal and social training
- Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
- Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
- Assistance in finding nursery school and /or school for children
- Support for moving: 20.000 SEK for singles and 30.000 SEK for families for furniture transport + 5.000 SEK for travel costs
Documents required for application:
- detailed, professional English CV
- cover letter
- scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
- scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
- scanned version of further certificates about any completed medical courses (no official needed)
- two English-speaking reference persons who can be reached by phone, one of them must be a chief and the other a colleague
Location, useful links:
General information about Sweden: http://work.sweden.se/living-in-sweden/
If you are interested, please send your detailed professional CV and the other necessary documents to email@example.com.