Academic degree in Radiography / X-ray assistance (or in some equivalent specialty) from within the EU.
Description of work at the actual clinic and its assignment and goal
Work as a radiographer at the X-ray department in Gävle. It operates around the clock with active working hours during the night.
The different modalities to be handled are: Computed tomography, skeleton & lungs, Fluoroscopy intervention, ultrasound and MRI. We have 3 MR cameras (Siemens), 3 DT machines (Canon), 5 conventional labs (including a lung lab), 1 Fluoroscopy lab (Siemens), 1 interventional / Angio lab combined with a CT (Canon) and 3 ultrasound labs.
Working hours take the form of day shifts, evening shifts, and night shifts 7 days a week.
Both acute and elective examinations are included in the daily work.
Examinations / years carried out in Gävle 2021 approx. CT 27,000, MRI 9500, Skeletal and Thoracic 33,000, Ultrasound 8100. Approximately 50% of examinations are acute and subacute.
What is attractive about the service / business?
Night contract, rotation on several modalities, trainings
The population of the catchment area
About 280,000 in county and 100.000 in Gävle city.
Number of employees
100 of which 34 are radiographers.
Job description / what is included in the service and placement?
Usual tasks as legitimated radiographer, which includes some sterile handling and inserting a PVC, placement in Gävle.
No clinical experience is required as the radiographer will receive an introduction for a period of about 3-6 months depending on previous experience. The aim of the introduction is to learn about the machine park, routines, methods and working methods at X-ray Gavle.
Important personal characteristics
Individual salary setting based on experience.
The candidate begins his employment as an assistant nurse with 6 months probationary employment and salary 27,100 (from 22.04.01). If everything goes according to plan, the probationary employment will be transferred to permanent employment as either an assistant nurse or a radiographer. After six months the salary will be negotiated individually depending on experience and ability to work in Sweden. Employment as a radiographer requires licence to practice from the National Board of Health and Welfare which in turn requires C1 in Swedish. And the salary as radiographer without any experience is at least 27,400 (from 22.04.01).
On-call duties and their organisation
No but active night work, as well as evenings and weekends
During the introduction (approx. 3-6 months) you work during the day at 7: 15–16: 15 Monday-Friday.
Then you start with evening tours and then with weekend and night shifts.
Setup for language course B2-C1 when it is carried out after employment in the Gävleborg Region has begun:
We want the language course up to level B2 to be carried out in the home country / on campus, including an intensive course. B2 – C1 is carried out from the workplace in Gävle and is combined with work as an assistant nurse and studies 50% / 50%, i.e. work mornings and studies afternoons Monday – Friday.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
- During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel, accommodation and meals are financed by Mediflexible
- Free Swedish course from A1 to C1 level. Between A1 and B2 online and B2 – C1 in the workplace in combination with work. The candidates will study each afternoon after work. Financial support during the course up to B2 (the amount is topic of negotiation).
- Free language education for family members – to B2 level for spouses and school-age children is obligatory.
- Help with the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
- free Swedish legal and social training which consists of 40 lessons
- Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
- Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
- Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
- Support for moving: 20.000 SEK for singles and 30.000 SEK for families for furniture transport + 5.000 SEK for travel costs.
Documents required for application:
- Professional English CV in which your experience is detailed
- Cover letter
- Scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
- Scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
- Two English-speaking reference persons who are reachable on phone, at least one of them must be a chief and the other can be a colleague.
As a part of the application process, we need to take a personality test with our candidates and its result must be presented for the Swedish employer.
If you are interested, please send your detailed professional CV and other necessary documents to email@example.com before 1. August.