Medicine and Geriatric Clinic, Eksjö
Requirements for education
Specialist exam in Pulmonology from within the EU.
Double speciality in Pulmonology and Internal Medicine.
There is not a definite period of years as pulmonologist what is required.
One has to be able to take care of internal medicine patients as well even that is why one has have the specialty of Internal Medicine.
Specialist in Pulmonary Medicine and Internal Medicine.
As a head-doctor / specialist doctor at the Department of Medicine and Geriatrics, you vary your work between department and reception. Together with other chief physicians, you are responsible for both departmental and reception work in pulmonary medicine. You are also expected to be able to take care of our inpatient internal medicine patients.
We conduct extensive diagnostic activities with some emphasis on cancer. We conduct advanced bronchoscopy operations with EBUS technology, which is currently performed at Ryhov County Hospital, together with us Eksjö colleagues. All investigation and treatment of lung cancer within the Jönköping County Region takes place in close collaboration in the region where our lung section plays an important role. There are opportunities to work with inpatient and outpatient care with a broad spectrum of pulmonary medicine. We have a large business for oxygen treatment in the home.
Personal qualities required for the position
Flexibility, responsibility and hard-working.
Stand-by in Pulmonary medicine 4-6 weekend sessions/3 months.
Salary for staff with Swedish legitimation
Employed as an assistant doctor with a salary of 53,500 with a general fixed-term employment as a form of employment for a period of 6 months during the language development and introduction takes place in the workplace. When Swedish licence to practice and proof of specialist competence has been issued by the National Board of Health and Welfare and the introduction is complete, the employment is transferred indefinitely and a new salary setting takes place as a specialist doctor according to agreement.
Minimum 70.000 SEK / month before tax as a double-specialist. Depending on the professional background and competences, the salary is 70-90.000 SEK.
Planned date of employment
As soon as possible.
Description of the clinic
Medicine and Geriatric Clinic has a responsibility of county-level to meet the needs of both basic and highly specialized inpatient and geriatric care for residents in the Highland healthcare area. The care provided covers both the urgent need for care that occurs 24 hours a day for the citizens and the planned, so-called. elective, need for care.
Medicine and Geriatric Clinic is divided into nine sections: endocrinology, haematology, gastroenterology, pulmonary medicine, cardiology, neurology, stroke, renal medicine including dialysis, geriatrics including mobile outpatient units, mobile geriatric team (MGT) and palliative care unit (PVE). The sections are divided into six health care units. For each care unit, the respective section of outpatient care is linked. This means logistical and staff-related benefits to work in an integrated out-patient and in-patient care system, which brings multiple benefits to our patients.
The emergency medical activity, emergency department, administrally belongs to the emergency clinic but is staffed by doctors from the medical and geriatric clinic with a primary on-call (two daytime at the weekend) and two secondary on-calls daytime and a primary on-call at night. The stand-by duty is staffed as a dayshift.
In pulmonary medicine there are treated respiratory diseases. The most common disease is COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), which is usually caused by smoking and reminds of asthma. Lung receptions also investigate suspected tumours and are responsible for patients who need oxygen or respirator at home.
Treatment of tumours in the lungs is done at the medical clinic at Ryhov County Hospital.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
• During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Mediflexible
• 6-7 months long, free Swedish course, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
• Free language education for family members – to B2 level for spouses and school-age children, to C1 level for spouses who have jobs with licence requirement
• Assistance in the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
• 40 hours long free Swedish legal and social training
• Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
• Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
• Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
Documents required for application:
• Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
• scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
• scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
• two English-speaking reference persons who are reachable on phone
If you are interested please send your detailed professional CV and other necessary documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14. November.