Pulmonary Medicine Clinic/ University Hospital, Linköping
Requirements for education
Specialist exam in Pulmonology from within EU or minimum 3 years’ experience as a specialist in an EU-country.
Some years as a specialist after completing specialist training would be an asset.
Competencies and skills required for the position
Experience of pulmonary care in hospital as specialist care. Any specialization / orientation within the sections described below within the clinic’s operations (see “Description of the clinic”) is desirable and meritorious.
Personal qualities required for the position
– Good ability to work together,
– Ability and willingness to learn and develop further in the profession.
You can be shift manager on weekends in the ward (daytime) when you have become more accustomed. About every 5th-6th weekend. Sometimes there is a need to participate in the hospital’s intermediate duty (on-call week with a day / evening / night session) depending on competence and needs.
Because it is a university hospital so interest in teaching staff and students is required.
Salary for staff with Swedish legitimation
Individual wage setting.
The lowest salary with specialist competence in 2020 was SEK 63,700 / month. Before you can serve more independently as a specialist, another lower salary may be relevant. Lowest salary applies during initial trial employment. We apply individual salary setting. Specialist doctors by us currently earn between SEK 61,700 and approx. 66,000 and a consultant doctor between SEK 72,500 and approx. 85,000.
Planned date of employment
By agreement after completed approved language training.
Description of the goal of activity
The clinic conducts specialist medical care in lung diseases. Both examination and treatment.
Occupancy area in Östergötland approx. 460,000 inhabitants and highly specialized care (mostly examination) for the south-eastern healthcare region (approx. 1.1 million inhabitants).
Description of the clinic
The clinic currently has 13 specialists and 6 ST (trainee) doctors. Doctors also come to the clinic for service from the south-eastern healthcare region for a number of months, as well as from some clinics at the hospital. We have five physiotherapists, two councillors. Many experienced nurses work at the clinic.
The activity consists of an examination unit where bronchoscopies are performed, EBUS and some pulmonologists do CT-controlled punctures, drainage inlays.
The clinic has its own lung X-ray.
All pulmonary oncology treatment except surgery and radiation therapy is conducted via the clinic.
Weekly conferences with radiologists and thoracic surgeons.
Drug studies in pulmonary oncology are common.
Adult patients with cystic fibrosis are cared for here.
Lung transplant patients in Östergötland undergo check-ups at the clinic and are cared for in consultation with the transplant centre in Sweden.
Then there is general lung reception for patients with COPD, pulmonary fibrosis, sarcoidosis, and other lung conditions.
Oxygen therapy and home respirator treatment units are also available at the clinic. However, we do not treat asthma, but it is managed primarily through the “Allergy Centre”, a special unit.
Medical students come to the clinic for internships.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
• During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Mediflexible
• 6-7 months long, free Swedish course, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
• Free language education for family members – to B2 level for spouses and school-age children, to C1 level for spouses who have jobs with licence requirement
• Assistance in application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
• 40 hours’ long free Swedish legal and social training
• Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
• Assistance in searching for flat in Sweden
• Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children and informal help for the partner in searching for job in Sweden
• Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking etc.
Documents required for application:
• Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
• cover letter
• scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
• scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
• two English-speaking reference persons who are reachable on phone
• proof of language knowledge (if you have such)
If you are interested, please, send your detailed professional CV and other
necessary documents to email@example.com