Specialist in Psychiatry from within the EU, with competence in Addictions Place of work
Planned date of employment
As soon as possible (after completing Swedish language course on B2-level or after C1). Description of the workplace:
Addiction activity is aimed at people with addiction with or without simultaneous psychiatric problems. We are organized in care chains with outpatient and round-the-clock care in close collaboration around patients. The activity consists of several specialist units and in some of our clinics and departments, staff from social services also work. We have 5 inpatient wards and 12 outpatient receptions. The 24-hour care within activity Addiction is mainly located at Eastern Hospital, where wards take care of acutely ill addicted patients who come there via the psychiatric emergency department or through planned admissions. Here, we work in teams that include a nurse, doctor, carer, counsellor, psychologist, pharmacist, occupational therapist and medical secretary. We have 14 care places to offer in the ward.
Patients come for abstinence treatment, addiction care and treatment of various psychiatric diagnoses such as psychosis symptoms, depression, anxiety, manic episodes and crisis reaction.
What we can offer you
We would like to welcome you if you are a specialist in Psychiatry with competence of treating patients with addictions to our pleasant staff group where you will be an important resource for us to continue to develop and influence care for the better for our patients.
Our team is characterized by a good fellowship, a good collaboration and an inviting work climate where everyone should be able to feel that they can contribute with their opinions and thoughts.
As a new employee we offer you interesting workshops and guidance in addiction care and psychiatry. We have good development opportunities with a strengthened occupational introduction and training in work management with belonging supervision.
With us, you receive regular supervision and continuous competence development in the form of internal training and lectures in areas relevant to addiction, such as interactive treatment (IB), conversation methodology, addiction learning, etc.
You receive regular training in self-protection, both practical and theoretical training. Duties
Working as a psychiatrist in an area of Addiction activity means treating both acute conditions in our inpatient care and long-term work in outpatient care. We are also responsible for the Psychiatric Emergency Department, where we meet and assess patients with all types of psychiatric conditions.
We offer a solid and individually adapted introduction and besides the path based on your needs, there we also hold a continuous follow-up after the introduction period. We want everyone to feel secure in their work role and will do what is necessary for you to feel secure in yours.
Personal qualities / abilities
You have a genuine interest and commitment to the department’s target group. You can stay calm in emotionally stressful situations.
You are easy to work with, have a high degree of flexibility, courage to approach people and at the same time the ability to observe your personal boundaries. We believe that you are a positive and committed employee who has a great interest in working with addiction care. You share our view that by being driven, committed and curious, our team will continue to develop together. We attach great importance to personal suitability.
Once one has reached B2-level, they move to Gothenburg and start a trial period as an assistant doctor with 50% language training and 50% clinical introduction until C1-level is reached and legitimation is obtained. Salary during this time is SEK 46,000 / month (around 4.600 EUR). After the probation salary will depend on professional background and years of experience as a specialist doctor including experience in home-country. The lowest salary for young specialists with 0 years of experience starts from 59.000 SEK (around 5.900 EUR) but for a specialist with
several years of professional background it can even start from 6.500-7.000 EUR and it will raise continuously up to 7-8.000 EUR or even more.
WHAT WE OFFER
– A permanent position
– 25 days of paid vacation/year (> 40yrs = 31 days)
– Individual competence development plan
– Annual salary reviews
– Pension savings (4,5%)
– Free primary care
– Possibilities for subspecialisation, research or development projects within your field – Possibilities for a leadership career
– Wellness benefits (€200/year)
PLUS introductory program is applied to doctors trained in countries within the EU but outside of Sweden. Prerequisites are knowledge of the Swedish language at the lowest level B2 and employment in the Västra Götaland Region. Swedish licence to practice is not a requirement.
The purpose of PLUS is to create familiarity in the Swedish health care system for doctors trained abroad by contributing with increased knowledge and understanding. The goal is for the participants to develop good language skills, a good understanding of attitudes and treatment issues as well as familiarity with the regulations that apply and which actors and partners exist around health care. This contributes to increased security for the participant and thus increased patient safety in care.
The education includes:
– continuation course in the Swedish language with communication and culture (level C1) – lectures and seminars: topics related to the professional approach in Swedish health care; for example, interprofessional collaboration, ethics, person-centered care, laws and regulations, documentation, insurance medicine, mental illness and more
– group supervision in small groups with reflection on own experiences and theoretical sections, under the guidance of experienced doctors.
The training lasts for 34 weeks, 1-2 days per week depending on language level. SAHLGRENSKA UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
It is one of Northern Europe’s largest hospitals, located in Gothenburg, in the heart of Scandinavia. At Sahlgrenska you will have over 17 000 colleagues divided between all of our different units, and as a university hospital we focus on involving all our employees in innovation, research and education. We want you to develop together with your colleagues within your expertise.
In close collaboration with universities as well as with leading companies in the Gothenburg business area, we can provide a unique clinical range, high level of expertise and highly advanced technology.
The city sits beautifully on the Swedish west coast with the sea close by. Today Gothenburg has appr. 570 000 inhabitants and the city continues to grow every year. Gothenburg is among other things known for its unique archipelago, the fresh seafood and as an event city with a rich cultural life.
The size of the city makes it easy to get from one place to another either by bike, by foot or by tram which makes Gothenburg an appreciated city to live in.
FUN FACT! The city has been elected as Sweden’s most social and nicest town in many different international surveys.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
• During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Mediflexible
• 7 months long, free Swedish course on C1-level, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
• Assistance during the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
• Assistance in finding a flat or house for the applicant
• Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
• Assistance in the first steps to be able to settle down in Sweden
Documents required for application:
– Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
– Cover letter
– scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
– scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)