Paediatrics, Västra Götaland
Place of work
Requirements for education
Specialist in Paediatrics
Brief description of the service
Work at county hospital in Paediatrics with both General Paediatrics and Oncology
Brief description of the recruiting organisation
Skaraborg Hospital (SkaS) has business in several locations in Skaraborg, including in Falköping, Lidköping, Mariestad and Skövde. We provide specialist healthcare in about thirty specialties and work together for the patient’s health through life, where we offer a cohesive and safe care.
The Paediatric Clinic
The ward cares for children and adolescent patients up to the age of 18.
About 55 doctors work at the Paediatric clinic. We work in all subspecialties in Paediatrics. The clinic has both outpatient and inpatient care. In Skövde, there is a care ward as well as a neonatal ward and all round-the-clock activities. We have an outpatient clinic in Lidköping and in Mariestad.
Here works a solid team consisting of paediatric nurses, general nurses, paediatric carers, assistant nurses, paediatricians and doctors in training. The work is characterized by collaboration and we work closely with resources such as play therapist, physiotherapist, counselor, dietitian.
It is a beautiful area located between Lake Vänern and Lake Vättern and with good connections to both Gothenburg (1 hour by train) and Stockholm (2 hours by train).
Sweden’s two largest lakes, mighty plateau mountains, a rich cultural history and fantastic nature. This and much more is available in Skaraborg. Today, about 265,000 people live in Skaraborg and our 15 municipalities offer a mix of urban and rural environments with short distances that make it possible to keep up with both work, school, leisure and life.
Here you live close to nature or in the middle of the city. The short distances make life a little easier. Here you can have an active outdoor life, regardless of whether it is climbing, skiing, fishing, sailing or golf that is your hobby. We have a wide cultural and entertainment life, never far to shopping or nice restaurants, in other words something for everyone’s wishes.
Welcome to a fantastic Skaraborg!
Salary for staff with Swedish legitimation
- Once one has reached B2-level, they move to Gothenburg and start a trial period as an assistant doctor with 50% language training and 50% clinical introduction until C1-level is reached and legitimation is obtained. Salary during this time is SEK 46,000 / month. After the probation period it will raise continuously up to 70-80.000 SEK or even more.
- Initial salary for young specialists (with 0 year of experience in the specialty) is 59.500 SEK / month
- For specialists with more years of experience: by agreement.
Planned date of employment
By common agreement (after completing Swedish language course on B2-level), taking into consideration the situation around the pandemic.
PLUS introductory program is applied to doctors trained in countries within the EU but outside of Sweden. Prerequisites are knowledge of the Swedish language at the lowest level B2 and employment in the Västra Götaland Region. Swedish licence to practice is not a requirement.
The purpose of PLUS is to create familiarity in the Swedish health care system for doctors trained abroad by contributing with increased knowledge and understanding. The goal is for the participants to develop good language skills, a good understanding of attitudes and treatment issues as well as familiarity with the regulations that apply and which actors and partners exist around health care. This contributes to increased security for the participant and thus increased patient safety in care.
The education includes:
- continuation course in the Swedish language with communication and culture (level C1)
- lectures and seminars: topics related to the professional approach in Swedish health care; for example, interprofessional collaboration, ethics, person-centered care, laws and regulations, documentation, insurance medicine, mental illness and more
- group supervision in small groups with reflection on own experiences and theoretical sections, under the guidance of experienced doctors.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
- During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Mediflexible
- 5 months long, free Swedish course on B2-level, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
- additional language education for 3 months between B2 and C1 level after move to Sweden and parallelly with 50% work
- Assistance during the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
- Assistance in finding a flat or house for the applicant
- Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
- Assistance in the first steps to be able to settle down in Sweden
Documents required for application:
- Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
- Cover letter
- scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
- two references
If you are interested please send your detailed professional CV and other necessary documents to email@example.com