Head-doctor / specialist doctor
Requirements for education
Specialist exam in Ophthalmology or Paediatric Ophthalmology from within the EU. Required experience
Accustomed to teamwork.
The goal of the childcare service is to provide child and adolescent patients in the region with good and adequate care in accordance with regional and national guidelines. You will work in team with an orthoptist and assistant nurses, opticians and doctors and handle children with various eye diseases, disabilities and syndromes, children and adults with strabismus and more.
Required competences and skills
A few years’ experience of working in Paediatric Ophthalmology is desirable.
Good theoretical knowledge in Paediatric Ophthalmology, and at least the required base in specialist competence.
Strabismus surgery competence is also seen as extra positive.
It is important to have a will for development and interest in the area.
If you are active in research, it is an advantage. Jönköping Region has its own active research organization, Futurum.
Personal qualities required for the position
Responsible and thorough and well aware of goals and quality standards.
Good ability to collaborate, both within the eye clinics’ paediatric and strabismus process team, but also collaboration between clinics, such as paediatric clinic, habilitation, radiology and neurology.
Flexible and problem- and solution-oriented. Great emphasis is placed on personal suitability.
Daytime on-call, evenings and weekends, but no nights.
Stand-by work at home, called in if necessary.
– B driving licence
Salary for staff with Swedish legitimation
Specialist with proper skills in Swedish (C1-level) earns 70-90.000 SEK (7-9.000 EUR).
At the beginning of your employment, you will work as a medical assistant with a salary of SEK 51,500 / month with a general fixed term employment as a form of employment during a 6- months’ period as the language develops and the introduction takes place in the workplace. When Swedish licence to practice is issued by the National Board of Health and Welfare and the introduction are completed, the employment turns to a permanent service and a salary setting takes place as specialist doctor according to agreement.
Planned date of employment
As soon as possible.
Description of the goal of activity
The goal of the business is to offer high quality, good and safe eye care for our residents.
Description of the clinic
The Ophthalmology clinics in Jönköping County provide ophthalmological care in two areas – in care choices, where private actors can also apply to provide care, and in the specialized care. The clinics treat various types of eye problems that require specialist care and have both planned and emergency visits as well as consultation and follow-up.
Ophthalmology Clinic at Ryhov County Hospital in Jönköping conducts eye care in two business areas – outpatient specialist care within eye care choice and qualified eye care. Pediatric eye care is found within qualified eye care by our place. In open specialist healthcare, we treat most of the eye conditions. A large part is diabetes screening in the form of fundus photography, glaucoma checks and cataract surgery.
There are two receptions and operations under anesthesia with a care place.
We work for good medical results and the opportunity for employees to realize ideas about development and to drive improvement work.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
• During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel, accommodation and meals are financed by Mediflexible
• 6-7 months long, free Swedish course, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
• Free language education for family members – to B2 level for spouses and school-age children, to C1 level for spouses who have jobs with licence requirement • Help with the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process • free Swedish legal and social training which consists of 40 lessons
• Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
• Assistance in job-searching for the spouse
• Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
• Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
Documents required for application:
– Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
– cover letter
– scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
– scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
– two English-speaking reference persons who are reachable on phone
– proof of language knowledge (if you have such)