Requirements for education
Specialist exam in O&G from within EU.
Specialist doctor with a gynaecological focus, with a few years’ experience as a specialist, on-call competence and broad competence in benign gynaecological surgery, including minimally invasive surgery. Knowledge of and experience of robot-assisted laparoscopic gynaecological surgery would be an asset, as well as of gynaecological oncology. Personal suitability is important as team spirit and a positive attitude towards education are directive at the clinic.
Both primary on-call and preparedness are included.
Salary for staff with Swedish legitimation
85-95.000 SEK (8400-9.300 EUR)
Information about the workplace
Management of Skåne’s hospital in northeast is one of Region Skåne’s five health care managements and includes the Central Hospital Kristianstad (CSK) and Hässleholm’s hospital. Our 2,600 employees run and develop health care in all stages of life, together with our patients and their relatives. CSK is an emergency hospital with 24-hour activity, and we offer specialized care in many different specialties.
The central hospital in Kristianstad (CSK) is one of Skåne’s four emergency hospitals.
The obstetric inpatient care at CSK includes delivery operations with approximately 2,000 deliveries per year from the 28th week of pregnancy onwards. Our BB department (maternity ward) has 20 care places for both delivered and undelivered patients. Outpatient care includes
an obstetric emergency reception, specialist maternity care and an extensive ultrasound operation. Gynaecology includes reception activities within among others general gynaecology, bleeding disorders, urogynaecology, infertility and endocrinology, abortion and contraception operations. We conduct both outpatient and inpatient surgery with advanced pelvic floor surgery, well-developed laparoscopic operations and office-hysteroscopy. Gynaecological cancer is managed, apart from the surgical treatment and radiation, within the business. Investigation, follow-up and chemotherapy treatment take place at CSK. Our inpatient department has 14 care places and four-day care places, where gynaecological, breast and ENT patients are cared for. The service involves on-call activities (primary and preparedness), which means working hours located both to day, evening, night and weekend. Teaching is conducted for students in the basic medical training, for ST doctors (trainees) both within their own specialty, primary care and emergency care. Opportunities for research are available.
A description of Region Skåne as an employer and organization
Region Skåne is responsible for health and medical care, public transport and sustainable development throughout Skåne. Our highest decision-making body is the regional council, which is elected directly by the inhabitants of Skåne. Region Skåne is a value-driven organization that works with the values of welcoming, motivating, consideration and respect as the basis for everything we do. In Skåne there are both university hospitals, emergency hospitals and local hospitals, with different types of care and different specialties.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
• During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Mediflexible
• 6-7 months long, free Swedish course, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
• Help with your application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process • free Swedish legal and social training consisting of 40 classes
• Free language education for family members
• Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
• Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
• Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.) by agreement with the employer
Documents required for application:
• Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
• cover letter
• scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
• scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
• Two English-speaking reference persons who are reachable on phone • Proof of language knowledge (if you have such)