Requirements for education
Nursing diploma from within the EU.
If you have specialist training in psychiatric care, it is considered meritorious.
It is an advantage if you are a specialised nurse in psychiatry or you have experience in the field.
Personal qualities required for the position
You are a safe and stable person with self-awareness who can distinguish between the personal and the professional. You cooperate well with colleagues and relate to them in a responsive way. You are structured when you plan, organize and prioritize your work effectively and set and keep time frames.
Planned date of employment
The average salary for specialist nurses is 36-42.000 SEK, for general nurses 33.000-40.000 kr. The first salary for newly graduated nurses is 25.500-28.000 SEK. The salary during the introductory period can be the same for nurses from abroad during a temporary period of 6 months.
Description of the department and the job
Our ward is a Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit / General Psychiatric ward with 11 beds. The patient group is usually treated according to LPT (Act on Compulsory Psychiatric Care), but HSL (Health Act) and LRV (Law on Forensic Compulsory Treatment) also occur.
Coercive measures occur regularly. The most common reasons for hospitalization are psychotic illness, acute mania, substance-induced psychoses, DBD (Disruptive Behaviour Disorder) or detained/arrested patients. After the acute treatment, the patients are usually moved to their home ward.
As a nurse in our ward, you work either day/evening or night. Weekend duty 2 out of 5 weekends. As a nurse, you have supervisor responsibility and have at least three carers/treatment assistants with you. The basic duties of the nurse are to assess, decide, set goals, document, plan, execute, delegate, lead and follow up efforts. Responsible for local drug management, responsible for medical prescriptions and for that treatment instructions being carried out.
Psychiatry in the region is assigned with offering high-quality psychiatric diagnostics and treatment. This is done by using methods that follow science and proven experience. The approach towards the patient must be characterized by respect, professionalism and high ethical awareness. The clinic’s target group is people aged 18 and over with psychiatric illness or mental illness of such a degree that it requires specialist psychiatric expertise. The clinic must offer specialist psychiatric care and treatment according to HSL (Health and Medical Care Act) and LPT (Act on Compulsory Psychiatric Care)
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
- During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Mediflexible
- 6-7 months long, free Swedish course, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
- Free language education for family members (spouses and school-aged children) on basic level, or to C1 level for spouses who are also healthcare staff
- Assistance in the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
- 40 hours long free Swedish legal and social training
- Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
- Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
- Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
Documents required for application:
- Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
- scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
- scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
- two English-speaking reference persons who are reachable on phone
If you are interested, please send your detailed professional CV and other necessary documents before the 15th of December to email@example.com.