in Kalmar city, at Clinical Chemistry and Transfusion Medicine of Diagnostic Centre
By our place you will be responsible for medical assessments concerning the laboratory activities in clinical chemistry. You will contribute to ensure that the analysis and product assortment meets current medical needs and is quality assured. The service includes being responsible for information to clients and actively collaborating with clinically operating doctors and other care providers. They will work for technological and methodological development and work towards established quality objectives. Maintaining and developing your own medical knowledge is of great importance and you will contribute to the training of the county organisation’s staff so that technical and medical knowledge is maintained and developed. You will supervise trainee doctors and have the opportunity to conduct research in your area of knowledge. In future, the service may involve medical management responsibility
Legitimated doctor with specialty Biological Chemistry/ Clinical (Bio)Chemistry.
– general clinical chemistry,
– blood gases,
– haematology and
– special chemistry including protein.
Competences and skills which are especially important for position
You are a perceptive person with very good cooperative ability while being knowledgeable and engaged. You want to participate in and run both the daily operations and the development of the activities in clinical chemistry and transfusion medicine in collaboration with other staff. You are used to working in teams and are enterprising and driven. By our place, the doctor’s role is outgoing, and we value a good communicative ability.
You will after language training have good knowledge of the Swedish language both orally and in writing (C1 level) and can express yourself well in English, both in speech and in writing.
Great emphasis is placed on person’s fitness.
Experience in transfusion medicine is an advantage for the service, as it is research experience and leadership experience.
You need to have interests and personality that will make you happy in Kalmar and in the County Hospital in Kalmar. If there is a family, it should be probable that the whole family will be happy in Kalmar. For this reason, partner’s work is also of interest. It is important that the candidate considered a move properly before the interview.
Preparedness and duty-service
Depends on competence.
Salary range (approx.): specialist doctor 57,000 – 66,000 SEK
head-doctor 70,000 – 80,000 SEK.
Description of the current workplace / healthcare centre
At clinical chemistry and transfusion medicine, we are 120 committed employees who are part of the Diagnostic Center with operations in Kalmar, Oskarshamn and Västervik. We have a wide range of analyses in both routine and special chemistry and produce more than 5 million lab results each year.
As a specialist doctor / head-doctor, you work in the area of specialty in a relatively flat organization together with the clinic’s base unit chief, department chiefs and your doctor colleagues, chemists and biomedical analysts. You have contact with colleagues at other clinics and represent the clinic’s representative in various regional and national groupings.
We work in an accredited business with high quality goals and focus on everyone’s participation. The clinic is research active with doctoral staff.
We have an active collaboration with Linnaeus University and participate in basic training of biomedical analysts. We also collaborate with Linköping University when, as a new academic location in 2019, we have received medical students.
Within the unit, three head-doctors and two ST (trainee) doctors work.
The main location is at the laboratory at the County Hospital in Kalmar, but some service is also included in the laboratories at Oskarhamn’s and Västervik’s hospitals.
Number of employees and occupational categories
Totally around 120 employees.
The following occupation categories can be found at the clinic: doctors, chemists, biomedical analysts, nurses, sub-nurses and secretaries.
Preliminary time for interview of candidate:
At the beginning of February via skype (first interview). Because of Covid-19, a first interview via skype will be carried out.
Study-tour in Kalmar I the end of February.
Planned employment date
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
- During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Mediflexible
- 6-7 months long, free Swedish course, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
- Possibility of free language education for family members, finding school / kindergarten, helping in searching for a job for the partner – depends on individual agreement
- Assistance during the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
- 40 hours long free Swedish legal and social training
- Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
- Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
- Ensuring with a contact person for 1 year after moving to Sweden
Documents required for application:
– Professional English CV in which the general psychiatry experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
– cover letter
– scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
– scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
– certificate of language knowledge (English and/or Scandinavian languages)
– two English-speaking reference persons who are reachable on phone