Radiology clinic in Eksjö/ Värnamo and Jönköping cities
Requirements for education
Specialist exam in Radiology from within EU or at least three years of experience as a specialist in any EU-country.
Specialist competence in radiology.
The work includes examinations within conventional X-ray, fluoroscopy, ultrasound and CT, as well as basic interventions (drain placement, nephrostomies).
MR desirable but not required, taught locally if competence is not available.
Angio intervention and PET-CT/nuclear medicine are available at Ryhov.
On-call work is included in each location.
Skills and abilities required for the position
Need to be able to communicate in Swedish, preferably with colleagues, as well as for tours and conferences.
Experience of working in X-ray with the skills required for that work.
We work digitally and much of the work takes place in front of the computer.
Personal qualities required for the position
Good collaboration skills as you collaborate a lot, both internally and with other clinics.
Open to improvements and development in the business.
The service includes on-call activities.
Salary for staff with Swedish legitimation
You will start by being employed as a doctor’s assistant with a salary of 55,000 kr / month with a general fixed-term employment contract for a six months’ period while the language develops and the introduction takes place in the workplace. During this period, C1 deepening is offered, two days a week for 12 weeks.
When Swedish legitimation and licence to practice as a specialist in Sweden has been issued by the Socialstyrelsen (National Board of Health), the employment will be changed to permanent and new salary will be paid as specialist doctor in accordance with the agreement. The minimum salary will be 70.000 SEK (for newly graduated doctors).
In Sweden, the average salary for a specialist doctor in Radiology who can work independently is 83-84.000 SEK/month. It can be less for young specialists or higher for consultants. It varies between 70 and 90.000.
Planned date of employment
ASAP by agreement.
Description of the goal of activity
Patients and referrers get the right examination and the right answer, at the right time. We have a workplace where we enjoy ourselves, feel participation and commitment. We have a safe x-ray and professional treatment. We follow up and develop our work together with our customers.
Description of the clinic
X-ray within the Jönköping County region is a county clinic. We have modern premises and equipment with the latest technology. As a radiologist, you are preferably based in one place, and work there in your everyday life. Education and development take place together throughout the county.
We are a total of approximately 350 employees in various professional categories, with Ryhov (Jönköping) being the largest workplace with approximately half of these employees. Eksjö is medium-sized, and Värnamo slightly smaller. The work does not differ in everyday life between these three locations. We have been using voice-controlled dictation for many years, which we find working well even for doctors coming from abroad. The clinic is functioning well and is seen as an example and forerunner in Sweden. We place a high value on education and further training, and as a radiologist you can both attend courses and work for a week or so at a university clinic per year to further your education. We have fun at work, and among other things have created music videos (search Röntgen RJL on YouTube!).
There is an opportunity to choose a location, but the business will distribute based on competence and needs.
About the region and the cities
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
- During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Mediflexible
- 6-7 months long, free Swedish course, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
- Free language education for family members – to B2 level for spouses and school-age children, to C1 level for spouses who have jobs with licence requirement
- Assistance during the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
- free Swedish legal and social training consisting of 40 classes
- Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
- Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
- Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
Documents required for application:
- Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
- cover letter
- scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
- scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
- two English-speaking reference persons who are reachable on phone
- proof of language knowledge (if you have such)
If you are interested please send your detailed professional CV and other necessary documents to firstname.lastname@example.org