Please let me introduce you our exclusive job offer from the famous Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden for Radiologist and Neuroradiologist specialists from within the EU.
We are looking for you who is
– a specialist in Neuroradiology;
– a specialist in Radiology with a genuine interest in subspecializing by our place as a Neuroradiologist for 2.5 years and then continuing your career by our place as a Neuroradiologist.
Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Neuroradiology, Gothenburg
Requirements for education
Specialist in Radiology.
Primarily, we are interested in ready-made Neuroradiologists. Secondarily by radiologists with a genuine interest in subspecializing by our place as a neuroradiologist for 2.5 years and then continuing their career by our place us as a neuroradiologist.
Here, with a modern machine park, we work only with diagnostic neuroradiology to diagnose tumour diseases, stroke and neurodegenerative conditions. You participate in so-called “Tumour-boards” in multidisciplinary teams with surgeons, oncologists, pathologists and neurologists. Big plus if you have experience with ultrasound/throat.
We are looking for an experienced neuroradiologist. The position involves work with diagnostics of acute and chronic conditions in both the central and peripheral nervous system, as well as in the ear-nose-throat area. The work includes rounding activities and multidisciplinary conferences. Having experience with ultrasound of neck is a plus but not a must.
We are also looking for a general radiologist with a special interest in neuroradiology for our subspecialisation position in neuroradiology that lasts 2.5 years.
Place of work
Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg.
Starting salary as a new specialist (right after specialist exam) approx. SEK 70,000, with 5 years of experience approx. SEK 75,000.
This salary will raise continuously up to 80-90.000 SEK or even more.
PLUS introductory program is applied to doctors trained in countries within the EU but outside of Sweden. Prerequisites are knowledge of the Swedish language at the lowest level B2 and employment in the Västra Götaland Region. Swedish licence to practice is not a requirement.
The purpose of PLUS is to create familiarity in the Swedish health care system for doctors trained abroad by contributing with increased knowledge and understanding. The goal is for the participants to develop good language skills, a good understanding of attitudes and treatment issues as well as familiarity with the regulations that apply and which actors and partners exist around health care. This contributes to increased security for the participant and thus increased patient safety in care.
The education includes:
- continuation course in the Swedish language with communication and culture (level C1)
- lectures and seminars: topics related to the professional approach in Swedish health care; for example, interprofessional collaboration, ethics, person-centred care, laws and regulations, documentation, insurance medicine, mental illness and more
- group supervision in small groups with reflection on own experiences and theoretical sections, under the guidance of experienced doctors.
- The training lasts for 34 weeks, 1-2 days per week depending on language level.
SAHLGRENSKA UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
Itis one of Northern Europe’s largest hospitals, located in Gothenburg, in the heart of Scandinavia. At Sahlgrenska you will have over 17 000 colleagues divided between all of our different units, and as a university hospital we focus on involving all our employees in innovation, research and education. We want you to develop together with your colleagues within your expertise.
In close collaboration with universities as well as with leading companies in the Gothenburg business area, we can provide a unique clinical range, high level of expertise and highly advanced technology.
The citysits beautifully on the Swedish west coast with the sea close by. Today Gothenburg has appr. 570 000 inhabitants and the city continues to grow every year. Gothenburg is among other things known for its unique archipelago, the fresh seafood and as an event city with a rich cultural life.
The size of the city makes it easy to get from one place to another either by bike, by foot or by tram which makes Gothenburg an appreciated city to live in.
FUN FACT!The city has been elected as Sweden’s most social and nicest town in many different international surveys.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
- During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Mediflexible
- 5 months long, free Swedish course on B2-level, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation) + 3 months long course up to C1-level besides work in Gothenburg
- free language course up to B2-level for accompanying family members (partner and children up to 18 years)
- Assistance during the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
- Assistance in finding a flat or house for the applicant
- Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
- Assistance in the first steps to be able to settle down in Sweden
Documents required for application:
- Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
- Cover letter
- scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
- scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
- Partner’s CV, if possible
- Two references together with the application documents or after pre-visit at the hospital.
If you are interested please send your detailed professional CV and other necessary documents to email@example.com before the 23th of February.