Radiographer / X-ray assistant
X-ray in Bollnäs Hospital/ Bollnäs city/ Gävleborg Region
Academic degree in Radiography / X-ray assistance
Description of work at the actual clinic and its assignment and goal
At X-ray in Bollnäs, there work assistant nurses, radiographers, radiologists and physicists.
We work with both urgent and planned examinations. At X-ray in Bollnäs, we have Computed Tomograph, Magnetic Camera, Ultrasound, Skeletal X-ray.
We collaborate with both primary care, inpatient care and emergency reception and also with private care providers. X-ray Bollnäs has a close collaboration with the county’s other X-ray receptions.
We have 4 radiographers who have been recruited from abroad so far. Today they live in Bollnäs with their families and are well established in society. They are happy to contribute/give support to new colleagues with their experiences of moving to Sweden/Bollnäs. We believe that our city and workplace suit you who would like to settle in a smaller city with your family. There is a good preschool/school and a beautiful nature here.
What is attractive about the service / business?
We at X-ray Bollnäs have a well-functioning department. We have a fantastic collaboration between all professions. We can proudly describe a good working environment.
We work with both urgent and elective examinations. You vary your work between different modalities.
Challenges and development areas within the business
We are a unit that is well staffed. We have a good working environment and good cooperation. We want to increase our staffing in view of increased demand and the retirement of colleagues.
Plans for the future, for example if the business will develop in a particular direction, or organizational changes
Right now, we are changing the machinery and renovating our premises. It will be ready until autumn.
The population of the catchment area
27.000 + 12.000 for the total catchment area.
Number of employees
5 substitute radiographers
9 assistant nurses
1 specialist doctor
2 consultant doctors
Job description / what is included in the service and placement?
Usual tasks as legitimated radiographer, placement in Bollnäs.
No clinical experience is required as you will receive an introduction that is for a period of about 6-12 months depending on previous experience. The aim of the introduction is to learn the machine park, routines, methods and working methods on X-ray Bollnäs.
Important personal characteristics
We are looking for you who like to collaborate and work in a team.
Areas of responsibility / requirements linked to the service, e.g., if it involves travel to work in another place etc.
We collaborate with X-ray in Söderhamn, which is about 40 minutes away by car. Work in Söderhamn may occur. You then travel during working hours.
Individual salary setting based on experience.
The candidate begins his employment as an assistant nurse with 6 months probationary employment and salary 27,500 (from 23.04.01). If everything goes according to plan, the probationary employment will be transferred to permanent employment as either an assistant nurse or a radiographer. After six months the salary will be negotiated individually depending on experience and ability to work in Sweden. Employment as a radiographer requires licence to practice from the National Board of Health and Welfare which in turn requires C1 in Swedish. And the salary as radiographer without any experience is at least 27,800 (from 23.04.01).
The average salary for radiographers in Sweden is 32-38.000 SEK and can go up to 42.000 as highest.
On-call duties and their organisation
We work in the evening with preparedness which means that you leave home and come in for work in emergency cases about one night a week.
Setup for language course B2-C1 when it is carried out after employment in the Gävleborg Region has begun:
We want the language course up to level B2 to be carried out in the home country / on campus, including an intensive course. B2 – C1 is carried out from the workplace in Bollnäs and is combined with work as an assistant nurse and studies 50% / 50%, i.e., work mornings and studies afternoons Monday – Friday.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
- During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel, accommodation and meals are financed by Mediflexible
- Free Swedish course from A1 to C1 level. Between A1 and B2 online and B2 – C1 in the workplace in combination with work. The candidates will study each afternoon after work. Financial support during the course up to B2 (the amount is topic of negotiation).
- Free language education for family members – to B2 level for spouses and school-age children is obligatory.
- Help with the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
- free Swedish legal and social training which consists of 40 lessons
- Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
- Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
- Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
- Support for moving: 30.000 SEK for singles and 45.000 SEK for families for furniture transport + 5.000 SEK for travel costs.
Documents required for application:
- Professional English CV in which your experience is detailed
- Cover letter
- Scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
- Scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
- One English-speaking reference persons who is reachable on phone and is a chief (can be a former one, if not possible to have a current one)
As a part of the application process, we need to take a personality test with our candidates and its result must be presented for the Swedish employer.
Location, useful links:
General information about Sweden: http://work.sweden.se/living-in-sweden/
If you are interested, please send your detailed professional CV and the other necessary documents to firstname.lastname@example.org!