Requirements for education
Diploma in Intensive Care Nursing from within the EU.
Work as an intensive care nurse.
Independently manage ICU patients in medical, surgical, urological, gynaecological and ENT operations.
Competence in children’s care is an advantage.
Competences and skills required for the position
ICU specialist competence.
Dilution / preparation of drugs
Personal qualities required for the position
Flexible, cooperative in the team, responsive.
No on-call. Work in three shifts – day, evening, night. Work about every 3 weekends included.
Salary for staff with Swedish legitimation
34.300-45.100 SEK/ month (3.400-4.400 EUR)
Planned date of employment
As soon as possible.
A world-class intensive care unit for the region’s residents.
Description of the clinic
Operations and Intensive Care Clinic with about 350 employees.
Intensive care with 7 ICU places, operating department with 18 rooms, three different recovery rooms for inpatients, day surgery, as well as for children, sterile technical unit, and an administrative part. Activities that primarily serve Jönköping’s catchment area, but in some parts the entire region.
The work at ICU in three shifts with day shifts, evening shifts and night shifts.
Anaesthesiologists on site around the clock, including on-call time.
About Ryhov County Hospital (Länssjukhuset Ryhov)
The patients treated at Ryhov County Hospital live mainly in the municipalities of Habo, Mullsjö and Jönköping.
In several medical areas, Ryhov County Hospital is responsible for all of the county’s 356,000 inhabitants.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
- During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Mediflexible
- 6-7 months long, free Swedish course, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
- Free language education for family members – to B2 level for spouses and school-age children, to C1 level for spouses who have jobs with licence requirement
- Assistance in the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
- 40 hours long free Swedish legal and social training
- Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
- Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
- Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
Documents required for application:
- Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
- cover letter
- Scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
- Scanned version of nursing certificate(s) with English translation (no official needed)
- Two English-speaking reference persons who are reachable on phone
- Proof of language knowledge (if you have such)