Värmland Region is looking for specialist doctors
Together with our patients, we strengthen public health and develop health care so that it can contribute to a world-class quality of life for Värmland’s 290,000 inhabitants. We run health centres throughout Värmland and there are three emergency hospitals here: in Arvika, Karlstad and Torsby.
Our healthcare is knowledge-based and appropriate, individualized, efficient and equal. We work with a person-centred care that is based on the individual patient’s needs. Care should be given close to the patient, and on the patient’s terms.
We are looking for colleagues
Now we are looking for colleagues who want to be involved and develop and be developed together with us. We are looking for you who are a specialist in:
• Otolaryngology from within the EU
We share knowledge, experiences and clear strategies to be able to handle new challenges and quickly integrate into Swedish society. We also help you and your family with the relocation and establishment process. Read more at: https://nyivarmland.se/relocation-service/
Your benefits as an employee
• Within Värmland Region, we have an important assignment. We are there for everyone in Värmland to feel good. That is why we as an employer take care of you. Here we list some benefits:
• All employees with us have at least 25 vacation days and as a new employee you have paid vacation earned from the very first day. We offer more days than the holiday law says.
• We give employees the opportunity for learning and developing skills in their daily work.
• We take care of you as an employee and create conditions for financial security throughout life. We have good benefits and various insurances.
• In most of our operations, there is the possibility of flexitime.
A more comfortable life in Värmland
• Värmland is a vigorous, creative, welcoming and open place where you can live a more comfortable life. Here you work and live surrounded by a wild nature with effervescent deep forests, calm lakes, lively rivers and fine farms. But also an open and welcoming environment, an international business community, a strong storytelling tradition, inspiring culture, sports and outdoor life and an innovative university.
• Here you can read more about Värmland: https://visitvarmland.com/english/ About Karlstad
Karlstad is a pleasant place to live. The city centre is full of life and the offer for those interested in culture, sports or leisure is large. The archipelago is rich in exciting islands to discover and for those who prefer forest and land, the activities in summer and winter are not far away. Karlstad’s business life is well developed, including a number of authorities and Karlstad University. There is also a large selection of schools with different profiles. The connections to the Nordic region’s three largest cities are all very good and Karlstad Airport also has flights to Europe.
About the workplace: Central Hospital in Karlstad
county hospital for whole Värmland and as a local hospital At Karlstad Central Hospital, there is a highly specialized care, care hat most people need only a few occasions in life. There are about twenty different specialties, including for eyes,
skin, gynaecology, kidney medicine, paediatrics, surgery, PCI and oncology. There are about 500 care places. The hospital has about 3,800 employees, of which about 500 are doctors, 1,300 nurses and midwives, 80 physiotherapists, 750 assistant nurses, 750 laboratory staff, 255 care administrators and 350 service staff.
Ear, nose and throat care
We are available for patients with ear, nose or throat problems and patients who need hearing care. Within our business area, we are just over 100 employees.
Most of our activities are located at the Central Hospital in Karlstad, where we have surgical activity, reception, hearing care and a care ward. We have different types of reception activities in the larger towns in the region. We employ audiologists, hearing educators, hearing care engineers, doctors, nurses, assistant nurses, sign language interpreters and technical audiologists.
The ENT clinic in Karlstad with about 20 doctors is a dynamic clinic with a very wide range. We have a county-wide assignment for ENT healthcare. Our core business and emergency services are conducted in Karlstad and we have our own department with ten care places. The ENT clinic also includes the Hearing Care and the Sleep Apnoea Clinic.
The business spans the entire field from basic ENT to ENT oncology and fracture surgery. We are also responsible for thyroid surgery including the endocrine part. We are also responsible for excisions of skin changes in the face. You come to a stable clinic with a very good climate with committed and competent employees. Everyone enjoys working together and the regrowth of ST doctors is good.
As a specialist, you will alternate between ward responsibilities and outpatient reception, mainly located in Karlstad, but also with regularity in the county. You are expected to be able to supervise younger colleagues and have independent operational activities. You are part of the clinic’s preparedness line in the evenings, weekends and nights.
You are a licensed doctor with specialist competence in ENT. You have a driver’s license. Stand by competence is an advantage but not a requirement. If you have leadership ambitions in a few years’ time, this is welcomed and there is a development program for this.
Personal qualities: You have good knowledge of ENT and are driven by constant knowledge acquisition and development. You are professional, communicative and have a good ability to work together. You work structurally and want to be involved in developing and driving the
clinic forward. The position is a permanent employment that may begin with a 6-month probationary period.
By individual agreement. The average salary for specialist doctors in Sweden is between 77- 85.000 SEK (around 7700-8500 EUR).
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
• During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel, accommodation and meals are financed by Mediflexible
• 6-7 months long, free intensive Swedish course up to C1 level or 4-5 months intensive course up to B2 plus additional 2-3 months besides half-time work up to C1, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
• Free language education for family members – up to B2 level for spouses and school-age children
• Help with the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process • free Swedish legal and social training which consists of 40 lessons
• Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
• Assistance in job-searching for the spouse
• Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
• Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
• When moving, transport of furniture is financially supported by the employer. The sum is individually agreed.
Documents required for application:
• Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
• Cover letter
• Scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
• Scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
• Two English-speaking reference persons (one is a chief) who are reachable on phone