Västra Götaland Region
Local Health (Närhalsan), Public Primary Care
Place of work
There is a need for specialists in two areas:
Tranemo – Svenljunga
Requirements for education
Specialist in Family Medicine / General Practitioner educated or legitimated within the EU
Reception work in the broad field of General Medicine, treatment and consultation of patients of all ages and situations.
You will be given the opportunity to supervise ST doctors (trainees), AT doctors (students) and assistant doctors.
Teamwork with other professions.
Improvement and development work together with the health centre’s management.
Description of the organisation
Närhälsan is greatest in Sweden in primary care. With hundreds of receptions in Västra Götaland, we are close to the residents and make a difference to their lives and health.
All health centres work in teams with specialist nurses, assistant nurses, medical secretaries. psychologists, physiotherapists.
Working hours usually 8-17 Monday-Friday.
Are you a specialist in general medicine and want to work in primary care? Become part of Närhälsan!
With us, you get at least 10 training days per year, and an active collegial exchange with other doctors at your and other health centres in the area. You are part of an interprofessional team around the patient. The right profession for the right task, where the doctor does what only the doctor can.
The career and development paths are many – medical advisors, supervisors, educators, chief doctors, researchers, health centre or area managers and more. We would like to see more doctors as health centre managers. If you choose that track, we have solid management development programs.
The medical advisor, together with the head of the health centre, conducts the work of developing the unit’s working methods for good medical quality. This close collaboration between manager and doctor is a key factor, we believe, in order to be able to offer good care to our residents.
If you staff our digital clinic Närhälsan Online, you get a variety that appeals to many of our doctors, with both physical visits to the health centre and digital care meetings where the patient meets you through an app. It also gives you the opportunity to work from home.
Local health in numbers:
We are approximately 5,450 employees
61 rehab receptions
104 health centres and paediatric health centre
20 on-call centres
3 local emergency centres
Adventages of working in Närhälsan
- Stimulating and meaningful work with competent colleagues and clear leadership
- Local health is the largest in Sweden in primary care and has the resources of the large organization
- We are publicly driven and profit goes to developing the business
- You get a wide network and working hours that are usually during the day
- You get competence-enhancing further education and research opportunities
Benefits of working in Närhälsan
- Secure employment conditions
- Individual competence development
- Wellness allowance
- Holiday benefits
- Good insurance and pension terms
- Opportunity to change salary to pension provision
- Salary supplementation during parental leave and illness when maximum compensation has been reached
- Eye examination and working glasses if necessary
Week 36 (4-9 September): review candidates
Week 37-39 (12-30 September): digital interviews in Teams + planning for possible pre-visit at the recruiting location
Probationary employment of 50% for 6 months when one has reached B2 level in Swedish. Meanwhile, language teaching continues. At the end of the probationary period, one is expected to have reached C1 level and is then offered permanent employment.
More information will be provided on the interview, however, the average salary of a family doctor is 78-80.000 SEK gross in Sweden.
About the region and cities
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
- During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Mediflexible
- 4-5 months long, free Swedish course on B2-level conducted by Mediflexible, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
- additional language education between B2 and C1 level provided by the employer
- assistance during the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
- Assistance in finding a flat or house for the applicant
- Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
- Assistance in the first steps to be able to settle down in Sweden
- Närhälsan pays for rental costs for the first two months and SEK 4,000 in travel allowance.
Documents required for application:
– Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
– Cover letter
– scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
If you are interested please send your detailed professional CV and other necessary documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 22nd of August.