Specialist certificate in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry from within the EU. Driving license for passenger car not necessary, but it is an advantage, as well as basic psychotherapy training.
Description of work at the actual clinic and its assignment and goal
The BUP reception in Bollnäs is part of HAB-BUP-FH Gävleborg. As a doctor, you work with two experienced head-doctors in Bollnäs, several other professional categories such as nurses, social workers and psychologists. Doctors collaborate with other child psychiatrists in the county and are gathered under one manager.
Children and young people, mainly 6-18 years old, go to the reception with diagnoses such as depression, various anxiety syndromes, ADHD, autism in combination with psychiatric comorbidity, bipolar disorder and more.
We make assessments, investigations, conduct both planned and urgent treatment work. We have 2 places for round-the-clock care in Gävle and a specialist unit for eating disorders, also in Gävle.
What is attractive about the service / business?
The reception is small and personal with about 20 employees. You work with experienced head-doctors on site and colleagues across the county. It’s a good spirit of cooperation. Everyone is helped. We have a lot of order and order with routines for how the work should be handled.
Bollnäs is small, beautiful, close to nature with mountains, forest and lakes. The right of public access and nature offer fantastic opportunities for outdoor life. If you have teenage children, it is possible to go to the International Baccalaureate on the spot.
Plans for the future
We will expand the collaboration with the sister clinic in Hudiksvall. Development in digital working methods is ongoing, among other things to reduce travel.
The population of the catchment area
285,000 inhabitants in Gävleborg. About 57,000 children and young people under the age of 18 in Gävleborg. About 800-900 patients at the BUP clinic in Bollnäs.
Number of employees
BUP has 14 specialist positions across the county, but we are several people because some doctors work part time. We currently have 4 ST doctors, but it varies a bit over time.
In the group of doctors across the county, there are some who start and some who end each year on average.
Job description / what is included in the service and placement?
You work 8-17, Mon-Fri, flex time. The day activities contain a mixture of planned visits, investigations, treatments and emergency assessments. You often work with another professional category such as a nurse or social worker in the cases. You have 4-5 visits per day. After the introduction, you also participate in daytime on-calls at weekends, about every 8th weekend.
Years of experience
To function independently, you should have worked as a specialist for at least 3 years.
Special knowledge and skills or special interests that are important for the position Good if you are generally interested in psychiatry.
Important personal characteristics
Self-propelled, unpretentious (not so much hierarchies in Sweden), curious.
Areas of responsibility / requirements linked to the service
All our head-doctors receive certification as supervisors. Travel to Gävle at on-call weekends may occur. We also have collegiate meetings a few times per semester when we travel to each other.
The following salary is valid for 2022. From next year, a bit higher salary can be expectable. – Assistant doctor, general fixed-term employment 43 100 SEK during Swedish studies B2 – C1 in combination with work 50/50 before Swedish legitimation and specialist licence. – Legitimated assistant doctor, general fixed-term employment 48 600 SEK after having Swedish legitimation and specialist licence and during introduction to the role. – After about 6 months one becomes a leg. assistant doctor, permanent employment SEK 52,600. When the candidate is able to perform the work required in the role. – After about 2-6 months, one becomes a specialist doctor, permanent employment SEK 65,800. When the candidate manages his / her duties independently.
– Head-doctor, permanent employment. After a while, it is possible to apply for a position as a head-doctor where the salary is negotiated individually.
The above is described in more detail in the “guarantee of employment”, which has been attached to the JD.
Daytime on call at weekends, nowadays around each 8th week.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
• During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel, accommodation and meals are financed by Mediflexible
• Free Swedish course from A1 to C1 level. Between A1 and B2 online and B2 – C1 in the workplace in combination with work. The candidates will study each afternoon after work. Financial support during the course up to B2 (the amount is topic of negotiation).
• Free language education for family members – to B2 level for spouses and school-age children is obligatory.
• Help with the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process • free Swedish legal and social training which consists of 40 lessons
• Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
• Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
• Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
• Support for moving: 20.000 SEK for singles and 30.000 SEK for families for furniture transport + 5.000 SEK for travel costs.
Documents required for application:
• Professional English CV in which your experience is detailed
• Cover letter
• Scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
• Scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
• Two English-speaking reference persons who are reachable on phone, at least one of them must be a chief and the other can be a colleague.
As a part of the application process, we need to take a personality test with our candidates and its result must be presented for the Swedish employer.