Medicine and Geriatric Clinic, Highland’s Hospital in Eksjö
Requirements for education
Specialist exam in cardiology and internal medicine from within EU or at least three years of experience as a specialist in any EU-country.
Minimum 5 years as a cardiologist would be an asset, active time in internal medicine specialty is not decisive.
Personal qualities required for the position
Flexibility, responsibility and ability for hard work.
Stand-by duty in internal medicine, 4-6 shifts / 3 months.
Salary for staff with Swedish legitimation
Employed as a medical assistant with a salary of 53,500 with a general fixed-term employment as a form of employment for a 6-month period during which language is developed and intro-duction takes place in the workplace. When Swedish licence to practice and proof of specialist competence are issued by the National Board of Health and the introduction is completed, the employment goes on until further notice and a new salary setting takes place as specialist phy-sician according to agreement.
As a double specialist SEK 70.000-90.000 / month before tax.
Planned date of employment
As soon as possible. Cardiology and Internal Medicine – Jönköping
Description of the clinic
Medicine and Geriatric Clinic has a responsibility of county-level to meet the needs of both basic and highly specialized inpatient and geriatric care for residents in the Highland healthcare area. The care provided covers both the urgent need for care that occurs 24 hours a day for the citizens and the planned, so-called elective need for care.
Medicine and Geriatric Clinic is divided into nine sections: endocrinology, haematology, gastro-enterology, pulmonary medicine, cardiology, neurology, stroke, renal medicine including dialy-sis, geriatrics including mobile outpatient units, mobile geriatric team (MGT) and palliative care unit (PVE). The sections are divided into six health care units. For each care unit, the re-spective section of outpatient care is linked. This means logistical and staff-related benefits to work in an integrated out-patient and in-patient care system, which brings multiple benefits to our patients.
The emergency medical activity, emergency department administratively belongs to the emer-gency clinic but is staffed by doctors from the medical and geriatric clinic with a primary on-call (two daytime at the weekend) and two secondary on-calls daytime and a primary on-call at night. The stand-by duty is staffed as a dayshift.
In cardiology, people with heart diseases are treated. The largest groups are angina pectoris, myocardial infarction, heart failure, heart valve disease and arrhythmias.
Cardiac intensive care is conducted at all three hospitals in the county.
At cardiac nursing receptions, cardiac nurses follow up and plan immediate treatment during their care after a cardiac event. They also plan for further cardiac rehabilitation efforts, such as cardiac gymnastics, and educate in lifestyle issues and health.
For pacemaker and ICD receptions, patients come with pacemaker or ICD (inoperative defibril-lator) to be controlled.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
• During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Mediflexible
• 6-7 months long, free Swedish course, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
• Free language education for family members – to B2 level for spouses and school-age children, to C1 level for spouses who have jobs with licence requirement
• Assistance in the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
• 40 hours long free Swedish legal and social training
• Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
• Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
• Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
Documents required for application:
• Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examina-tions/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
• scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no offi-cial needed)
• scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no offi-cial needed)
• two English-speaking reference persons who are reachable on phone
If you are interested please send your detailed professional CV and other necessary documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before 20. December