Värmland Region, Sverige is looking for colleagues for its laboratories in Karlastad, Torsby and Arvika
Together with our patients, we strengthen public health and develop health care so that it can contribute to a world-class quality of life for Värmland’s 290,000 inhabitants. We run health centres throughout Värmland and there are three emergency hospitals here: in Arvika, Karlstad and Torsby.
Our healthcare is knowledge-based and appropriate, individualized, efficient and equal. We work with a person-centred care that is based on the individual patient’s needs. Care should be given close to the patient, and on the patient’s terms.
As Medical laboratory technician you collect and perform diagnostic testing of blood and body fluids in a clinical laboratory which includes for example analysing for chemical and hormonal contents, haematology, immunochemistry, coagulation. It also includes collection examination, classification and preparation of blood components for transfusions etc.
Our laboratories are under accreditation and quality insurance and documentation is an integrated part of the work, ensuring specimen quality, interpreting test results, data-logging, testing control products, performing calibration, maintenance, validation, and troubleshooting of instrumentation as well as performing statistical analyses to verify the accuracy and repeatability of testing
The work includes working evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays as our laboratories are opened 24/7.
We are looking for one for Torsby, one for Arvika and one for Karlstad.
We prefer that you have experience after your education.
You should be able to work evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays as our laboratories are opened 24/7.
You must be independent, service-oriented, be good at communication, have good collaboration skills and social skills.
Region Värmland applies individual salary setting, the salary for biomedical analysts is between SEK 27,000-35,000 SEK (2.600-3.400 EUR) /month depending on experience and competence.
Your benefits as an employee
Within the Värmland Region, we have an important assignment. We are there for everyone in Värmland to feel good. That is why we as an employer take care of you. Here we list some benefits:
- All employees with us have at least 25 vacation days and as a new employee you have paid vacation earned from the very first day. We offer more days than the holiday law says.
- We give employees the opportunity for learning and developing skills in their daily work.
- We take care of you as an employee and create conditions for financial security throughout life. We have good benefits and various insurances.
- In most of our activities, there is the possibility of flexitime.
We share knowledge, experiences and clear strategies to be able to handle new challenges and quickly integrate into Swedish society. We also help you and your family with the relocation and establishment process. Read more at Ny i Värmland – https://nyivarmland.se/relocation-service/
A more comfortable life in Värmland
- Värmland is a vigorous, creative, welcoming and open place where you can live a more comfortable life. Here you work and live surrounded by a wild nature with effervescent deep forests, calm lakes, lively rivers and fine farms. But also an open and welcoming environment, an international business community, a strong storytelling tradition, inspiring culture, sports and outdoor life and an innovative university.
- Here you can read more about Värmland https://visitvarmland.com/english/
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
- During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel, accommodation and meals are financed by Mediflexible
- 6-7 months long, free intensive Swedish course up to C1 level or 4-5 months intensive course up to B2 plus additional 2-3 months besides half-time work up to C1, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
- Free language education for family members – up to B2 level for spouses and school-age children
- Help with the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
- free Swedish legal and social training which consists of 40 lessons
- Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
- Assistance in job-searching for the spouse
- Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
- Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
- When moving, transport of furniture is financially supported by the employer. The sum is individually agreed.
Documents required for application:
- Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
- Cover letter
- Scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
If you are interested, please send your detailed professional CV and other necessary documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before 26. August.