Equivalent to Swedish legitimation as a BMA or competence equivalent to Laboratory Assistant with training in Transfusion Medicine (documented).
Experience is desirable but no a requirement.
Description of work at the actual clinic and its assignment and goal
Laboratory medicine’s activity aims to
• Offer analysis and decision support of high quality to health care.
• Cater to all healthcare needs for blood components.
Collaborate with others in health care for improved patient processes.
Clinical chemistry and transfusion medicine provides laboratory services and medical exper tise among others in the areas of serology, haematology, coagulation, general chemistry, im munochemistry and special chemistry. You get the opportunity to work with everything from the simplest to the most complex analysis.
What is attractive about the service / business?
We are constantly developing the business by continuously updating analysis and instruments. In the next few years, we will replace large parts of our equipment to modernize and become a state-of-the-art laboratory. The work is varied and there are good opportunities to take on ex tra areas of responsibility. The business has high competence and good cooperation between different professional categories.
Challenges and areas of development within the business
We are facing a procurement which result in new equipment and new analysis methods. This will take place during 2022-2023.
The population of the catchment area
Appr. 285.000 in Gävleborg county.
Number of employees
A total of 64 employees divided into
17 assistant nurses and
Job description / what is included in the service and placement?
As a Biomedical Analyst / Laboratory Assistant with us, you will, among other things, work with laboratory work and sample reception, assessment and technical approval of analytical results, as well as proposing measures and troubleshooting in the event of deviations. Based on eligibility, you have a rotating schedule between the different sections in the labora tory. The service includes day, evening and night service. You will also participate in the train ing and education of employees and students.
As a new employee, you get a well-thought-out and well-functioning introduction to the work. If there is interest and proven suitability, there are good development opportunities in the ar ea.
It is possible to be involved and influence working methods and development within the unit.
Laboratory experience is desirable from the areas of:
– Clinical chemistry / Clinical chemistry
Important personal characteristics
Driven and committed. Good communication and collaboration skills.
Salary as a Laboratory Assistant, general fixed-term employment 9 months SEK 25,000 (2500 EUR)/ month (by salary level in2021). During that time, the candidate on site in Gävle will work and study Swedish from B2 up to C1 level 50/50%, will possibly perform completion be fore Swedish legitimation as a BMA and during the period waiting for the legitimation from the National Board of Health and Welfare (Socialstyrelsen).
If the candidate does not have the qualifications to obtain Swedish legitimation as a BMA after reaching C1 level in Swedish but otherwise works well at work, the person will after these 9 months receive a permanent employment as a laboratory assistant, with a salary of SEK 25,000 / month (by salary level in 2021).
If/when the candidate (after any performed completion), receives Swedish legitimation as a BMA, he or she will receive a position as a BMA, permanent employment with a salary of mini mum 27,000 SEK (2700 EUR)/ month (by salary level in2021). This amount is for those who have the qualification but no experience at all.
The work takes place during the day, evening and night through a rotating schedule, both on weekdays and weekends.
During introduction and training, about 6-9 months, the work takes place during the day on weekdays.
In the Gävleborg region, we have so-called night-contract, which means that the night shifts are “quoted” – the work shift of 10 hours is counted as 14 hours of scheduled time. This reduction in working hours provides good opportunities for recovery.
At the beginning of the New Year.
Location, useful links:
Gävle is a flourishing city, 80 minutes from Stockholm and 60 minutes from Stockholm Arlanda airport.
Please watch the following video about the city:
Weather in Gävleborg:
https://weatherspark.com/averages/28944/Soderhamn-Gavleborg-Sweden General information about Sweden: http://work.sweden.se/living-in-sweden/
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
• During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel, ac commodation and meals are financed by Mediflexible
• Free Swedish course from A1 to C1 level. Between A1 and B2 online and B2 – C1 in the workplace in combination with work. The candidates will study 2 full days and a half day per week and work the remaining 2.5 days per week. Financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation).
• Free language education for family members – to B2 level for spouses and school-age children is obligatory.
• Help with the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process • free Swedish legal and social training which consists of 40 lessons
• Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
• Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
• Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
• Support for moving: 20.000 SEK for singles and 30.000 SEK for families for furniture transport + 5.000 SEK for travel costs.
Documents required for application:
• Professional English CV in which your experience is detailed
• Cover letter
• Scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no offi cial needed)
• Scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no offi cial needed)
• Two English-speaking reference persons who are reachable on phone, one of them must be a chief and the other a colleague.
As a part of the application process, we need to take a personality test with our candidates and its result must be presented for the Swedish employer.