Obstetrics and Gynaecology Jönköping
Women’s Clinic/ Highland hospital (Höglandsjukhuset), Eksjö
Requirements for education
Specialist exam in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from within EU or at least three years of experience as a specialist in any EU-country.
The work requires medical expertise throughout the whole gynaecological field and obstetrics. The activities the clinic handles are general gynaecology, infertility, urological gynaecology, dysplasia, oncology, ultrasound, female health / youth reception, obstetrics and specialist care of mothers.
Skills and abilities required for the position
We give you the opportunity to work independently within the subject areas, while at the same time you can develop work areas on your own and you can participate in process work. As a specialist doctor in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the Women’s Clinic you will be able to work with various tasks. We work a lot in team and attach high importance to improvement work. In the role of specialist doctor, you cooperate with other clinics in the region and the Women’s Clinic in Linköping. On-call duty included.
Personal qualities required for the position
You enjoy working in team. You are calm and stable with the ability to make correct balances and priorities even in stressful or pressing situations. As a working day is never the same, we see that you are comfortable in rapidly changing circumstances and have the ability to plan and structure your work while taking into account the best interests of the activity.
The service includes on-call activities. There are two on-call lines. A doctor is on call at the hospital. A consultant has preparedness at home in evenings, at nights and weekends.
Driving license of B-category.
It also includes supervision of both colleagues, medical students and rotating district doctors.
Salary for staff with Swedish legitimation
You will start by being employed as a doctor’s assistant with a salary of 55,000 kr / month with a general fixed-term employment contract for a six months’ period while the language develops and the introduction takes place in the workplace.
When Swedish legitimation and licence to practice as a specialist in Sweden has been issued by the Socialstyrelsen (National Board of Health), the employment will be changed to permanent and new salary will be paid as specialist doctor in accordance with the agreement.
In Sweden, the average salary for a specialist doctor in O&G who can work independently is 83-84.000 SEK/month. It can be less for young specialists or higher for consultants. It varies between 75 and 90.000.
Planned date of employment
ASAP by agreement.
Description of the goal of activity
The Women’s Clinic is located at the Highland hospital Eksjö, which is located in the eastern part of Jönköping County, six kilometres east of Jönköping. We have reception, childbirth, maternity ward and gynaecological department. The Women’s Clinic includes the women’s health care that has receptions in Aneby, Eksjö, Nässjö, Sävsjö, Tranås and Vetlanda.
Organizationally, the Women’s Clinic belongs to the activity area of surgical care in the County of Jönköping.
The goal of the business is to offer the woman and her partner the best possible care for pregnancy, childbirth and gynaecological disease and promote sexual health.
Description of the clinic
We offer good, safe and accessible care with high medical competence, both in the preventive women’s health care and in pregnancy, childbirth, gynaecological disease and the reproductive health of young people.
The Women’s Clinic at Highland hospital Eksjö has emergency services with childbirth 24 hours a day. Every year, we welcome about 1,250 children to the world.
The Jönköping County Region works for a good life in an attractive region. Our main tasks are public health, healthcare and dental care, as well as regional development and growth. We are the county’s largest employer with about 10,000 employees in hundreds of professions. Highland hospital Eksjö within the Jönköping County Region offers a pleasant and collaborative environment with a wide range of activities and good results, both medical and in terms of accessibility. Quality and collaboration are the key words. We are about 1600 employees working at Highland hospital Eksjö and have a catchment area of about 115,000 inhabitants in Highland.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
- During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Mediflexible
- 6-7 months long, free Swedish course, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
- Free language education for family members – to B2 level for spouses and school-age children, to C1 level for spouses who have jobs with licence requirement
- Assistance during the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
- free Swedish legal and social training consisting of 40 classes
- Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
- Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
- Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
Documents required for application:
- Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
- cover letter
- scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
- scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
- two English-speaking reference persons who are reachable on phone
- proof of language knowledge (if you have such)
If you are interested please send your detailed professional CV and other necessary documents to firstname.lastname@example.org