Värmland Region, Sweden is looking for radiographers / radiology nurses
Together with our patients, we strengthen public health and develop health care so that it can contribute to a world-class quality of life for Värmland’s 290,000 inhabitants. We run health centres throughout Värmland and there are three emergency hospitals here: in Arvika, Karlstad and Torsby.
Our healthcare is knowledge-based and appropriate, individualized, efficient and equal. We work with a person-centred care that is based on the individual patient’s needs. Care should be given close to the patient, and on the patient’s terms.
Now we are looking for colleagues who want to be involved, developed and evolve together with us. We are looking for you if you are a Radiographer/ Radiology nurse educated in the EU
• Experience requirements – to have worked for at least two years as a licensed Radiographer/ Radiology nurse in your home country.
• Competence requirements – to have experience of patient care, such as PVC setting, drug administration etc.
• Competence requirements – conventional X-ray, DT and radioscopy
• Skills – to have experience of angio / interventions, sterile handling, and MRI.
• Requirements – to be able to work in a 24/7 activity, especially at night (Karlstad, Arvika and Torsby)
• Requirements – good ability to work together and social skills, stress-resistant and ready to stand up and help others when needed.
Your benefits as an employee
Within Värmland Region, we have an important assignment. We are there for everyone in Värmland to feel good. That is why we as an employer take care of you. Here we list some benefits:
• All employees with us have at least 25 vacation days and as a new employee you have paid vacation earned from the very first day. We offer more days than the holiday law says.
• We give employees the opportunity for learning and developing skills in their daily work.
• We take care of you as an employee and create conditions for financial security throughout life. We have good benefits and various insurances.
• In most of our activities, there is the possibility of flexitime.
We share knowledge, experiences and clear strategies to be able to handle new challenges and quickly integrate into Swedish society. We also help you and your family with the relocation and establishment process. Read more at Ny i Värmland – https://nyivarmland.se/relocation service/
A more comfortable life in Värmland
• Värmland is a vigorous, creative, welcoming and open place where you can live a more comfortable life. Here you work and live surrounded by a wild nature with effervescent deep forests, calm lakes, lively rivers and fine farms. But also an open and welcoming environment, an international business community, a strong storytelling tradition, inspiring culture, sports and outdoor life and an innovative university.
• Here you can read more about Värmland https://visitvarmland.com/english/
ABOUT THE WORKPLACE:
X-ray receptions are available at the hospitals in Karlstad, Arvika and Torsby and at Region Värmland’s health centres in Säffle and Kristinehamn. We perform examinations and treatments using X-rays, CT, ultrasound and MRI. Our staff consists of radiologists, X-ray nurses, assistant nurses and care administrators. We work entirely on the basis of referral.
The hospital in Karlstad
Karlstad Central Hospital functions both as a county hospital for the whole of Värmland and as a local hospital
At Karlstad Central Hospital, there is the highly specialized care, care that most people need on a few occasions in life. There are about twenty different specialties including eyes, skin, gynaecology, renal medicine, paediatrics, surgery, PCI and oncology. There are about 500 care places. The hospital has about 3,800 employees, of which about 500 are doctors, 1,300 nurses and midwives, 80 physiotherapists, 750 assistant nurses, 750 laboratory staff, 255 care administrators and 350 service staff.
The hospital has many specialties. The surgical activities are extensive in orthopaedics and surgery, including endoscopic activities. We also conduct business in medicine, X-ray, rehabilitation, laboratory with blood donation, surgery and intensive care. At the hospital, there is also a psychiatric reception, gynaecological reception, an ear, nose and throat reception, a hearing centre, an oncologist reception and an eye reception with belonging subspecialties. The number of care places amounts to 50.
The emergency reception is open 24 hours a day, and the primary care on-call centre is also located here on weekends.
The hospital has about 530 employees.
Hospital in Torsby:
Torsby Hospital is the county’s northernmost emergency hospital with activity around the clock. In fresh premises there is emergency and outpatient reception for all specialties. The hospital is clinic-free, flow-oriented and based on the patient’s needs. We work based on the vision “to create a hospital where we can imagine ourselves to be patients”.
Here, activities are conducted in medicine, surgery, orthopaedics, urology, gynaecology, anaesthesia, surgery and intensive care, radiology, laboratory, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and palliative care. The surgical activities include both orthopaedics and surgery, including endoscopic activities. There is also a dialysis department here. Welcome to Värmland!
Region Värmland applies individual salary setting.
The average salary of Radiographers/ Radiology nurses is 27.000-36.000 SEK (2600-3500 EUR) in Sweden.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
• During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel, accommodation and meals are financed by Mediflexible
• 6-7 months long, free intensive Swedish course up to C1 level or 4-5 months intensive course up to B2 plus additional 2-3 months besides half-time work up to C1, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
• Free language education for family members – up to B2 level for spouses and school-age children
• Help with the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process • free Swedish legal and social training which consists of 40 lessons
• Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
• Assistance in job-searching for the spouse
• Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
• Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
• When moving, transport of furniture is financially supported by the employer. The sum is individually agreed.
Documents required for application:
• Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
• Cover letter
• Scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed) • Scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)