Psychiatry Västra Götaland
Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Göteborg
– Registered, academical educated nurses
– EU-educated and preferably with a European citizenship
– Experience from working in the psychiatry and / or an genuine interest for the patient group
– Good English level in speaking
– A willingness to move to Sweden and stay there for at least 2 years
Would you be interested in working within psychiatry with patients from a holistic perspective, in a skilled team of doctors, nurses, assistant nurses, social workers and psychologists, giving treatment according to the individual treatment plan? Then we would like to welcome you to the inpatient care at 4 of our 5 psychiatric clinics:
– Addiction & Dependency: psychiatric disorder + alcohol/drug addiction
– Affective Disorders: depression, anxiety, personality disorders, self-harm etc.
– Geriatric psychiatric or cognitive disorder: patients over 70 and adult patients with intellectual disabilities
– Psychosis: schizophrenia-spectra.
Sweden has a developed social welfare system and good resources for working with these patient groups with a shared responsibility between the health care sector and the municipality. We are working actively with digital solutions (e-psychiatry), innovations and psycho education, e g helping patient and relatives to understand what the patient has been diagnosed with. Our clinics offer bright, calm and spacious facilities with access to gardens – a sound and health promoting environment.
SAHLGRENSKA UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
Itis one of Northern Europe’s largest hospitals, located in Gothenburg, in the heart of Scandinavia. At Sahlgrenska you will have over 17 000 colleagues divided between all of our different units, and as a university hospital we focus on involving all our employees in innovation, research and education. We want you to develop together with your colleagues within your expertise.
In close collaboration with universities as well as with leading companies in the Gothenburg business area, we can provide a unique clinical range, high level of expertise and highly advanced technology.
The citysits beautifully on the Swedish west coast with the sea close by. Today Gothenburg has appr. 570 000 inhabitants and the city continues to grow every year. Gothenburg is among other things known for its unique archipelago, the fresh seafood and as an event city with a rich cultural life.
The size of the city makes it easy to get from one place to another either by bike, by foot or by tram which makes Gothenburg an appreciated city to live in.
FUN FACT!The city has been elected as Sweden’s most social and nicest town in many different international surveys.
Planned date of employment
As soon as possible after completing Swedish language course on B2-level.
2 650 EUR /gross per month for a newly graduated nurse, more for experienced /PhD. On top of the base salary there is also compensation for odd hours (€2-300/month) and old age pensions is set aside every month by the employer. You will also benefit from annual salary reviews.
WHAT WE OFFER
– A permanent position
– 25 days of paid vacation/year (> 40yrs = 31 days)
– Individual competence development plan
– Annual salary reviews
– Pension savings (4,5%)
– Free primary care
– Possibilities for subspecialisation, research or development projects within your field
– Possibilities for a leadership career
– Wellness benefits (€200/year)
– Establishment support in Sweden
PLUS introductory program is applied to healthcare staff trained in countries within the EU but outside of Sweden. Prerequisites are knowledge of the Swedish language at the lowest level B2 and employment in the Västra Götaland Region. Swedish licence to practice is not a requirement.
The purpose of PLUS is to create familiarity in the Swedish health care system for healthcare staff trained abroad by contributing with increased knowledge and understanding. The goal is for the participants to develop good language skills, a good understanding of attitudes and treatment issues as well as familiarity with the regulations that apply and which actors and partners exist around health care. This contributes to increased security for the participant and thus increased patient safety in care.
The education includes:
– continuation course in the Swedish language with communication and culture (level C1)
– lectures and seminars: topics related to the professional approach in Swedish health care; for example, interprofessional collaboration, ethics, person-centred care, laws and regulations, documentation, insurance medicine, mental illness and more
– group supervision in small groups with reflection on own experiences and theoretical sections, under the guidance of experienced healthcare professionals.
The training lasts for 34 weeks, 1-2 days per week depending on language level.
WELCOME SERVICES (Human Resource Department)
We will assist you when moving to Sweden, Gothenburg!
- We will find you an accommodation
- We will help you to get registered in Sweden
- We will provide you with a mentor at the clinic
- We will provide you with a bunch of social events over the year to build up a network
Your obligations (when you have been selected for the job):
- You will immediately translate your documents, pay for and send in the application for a license to practise as a nurse in Sweden. The guarantee of employment will not be valid until we have an approvement from Socialstyrelsen, the National Board of Healthcare that your nursing education is equal to our Swedish ditto.
- Commit to swiftly collect all documents required like:
- exam diplomas, letter of good standing, a clear statement from the criminal records, 2 references.
- Commit to actively learn Swedish and strive to reach level C1, adjust and take actions when needed.
- Commit to stay in the clinic for at least 2 years.
1. First contact, selection based on the specific job criterias
2. Skype-interview with HR-representatives and recruiting managers
3. Visit to Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg
4. References, controls and signing of contract
5. Language training to Swedish B2-level in home country
6. Move to Gothenburg
7. Employment will start with clinical introduction 50% and language training 50% to level C1
8. Apply for Swedish license to practice after which a permanent position is offered
9. Work as a clinician with a clear plan for personal development and career goals
10. SU will invite to activities to build up a social network in Gothenburg
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
- During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Mediflexible
- 4-5 months long, free Swedish course on B2-level, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
- additional language education between B2 and C1 level after moving to Sweden
- Assistance during the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
- Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
- Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
Documents required for application:
– Professional English CV in which your experience are detailed
– Cover letter
– scanned version of nursing diploma
– State which clinic/s you prefer to work in and which one/s you don’t wish to work in (from the 4 clinics mentioned above)