Psychiatric Outpatient Reception, Västra Götaland
Place of work
You will work at one of our psychiatric outpatient receptions in:
- Lidköping or
Requirements for education
Specialist in Psychiatry
Brief description of the service
Work in adult psychiatric outpatient care with on-call duty.
Supervision of junior colleagues is included in the position.
Working hours: 40h / w, 08—17 Mon-Fri
On-call time: Preparedness at home approx. 1 night every other week + 1 day weekend every other month.
Patients: includes assessment, investigation and treatment of adult patients with psychiatric conditions at specialist level, e.g. affective syndromes, psychotic disorders, severe addictions, personality disorders and neuropsychiatric disorders.
Research: there may be an opportunity for this, but above all a great opportunity for clinical improvement work close to the clinic.
Salary for staff with Swedish legitimation
Individual and differentiated salary setting based on the person’s experience and competence. Otherwise divided into four levels:
- Once one has reached B2-level, they move to the place of work and start a trial period as an assistant doctor with 50% language training and 50% clinical introduction until C1-level is reached and legitimation is obtained. Salary during this time is SEK 44,000 / month.
- While waiting for Swedish licence to practice: SEK 49,000
- New salary directly as a Swedish licensed specialist doctor approx. 65,000 SEK
Experienced head-doctor, the salary is set slightly higher at approximately SEK 72,000-75,000.
- It will be raised gradually up to 85-90.000 SEK as a consultant.
Planned date of employment
By common agreement (after completing Swedish language course on B2-level.
Brief description of the recruiting organisation
Skaraborg Hospital (SkaS) has business in several locations in Skaraborg, including in Falköping, Lidköping, Mariestad and Skövde. We provide specialist healthcare in about thirty specialties and work together for the patient’s health through life, where we offer a cohesive and safe care.
The Adult Psychiatric Clinic consists of inpatient care, with a 24-hour emergency room in Falköping, and psychiatric outpatient care in Falköping, Skövde, Lidköping and Mariestad. Today, inpatient care consists of four wards with a total of 58 places, as well as another 24 places in forensic psychiatry. The hospital in Falköping has an intermediate care team for psychosis and addiction care, which collaborates with inpatient care and the four outpatient clinics. In the next few years, inpatient care and the emergency department will move into completely new premises in the hospital in Skövde.
At the psychiatric outpatient clinics, we work interprofessionally in teams based on the patient’s diagnosis.
It is a beautiful area located between Lake Vänern and Lake Vättern and with good connections to both Gothenburg (1 hour by train) and Stockholm (2 hours by train).
PLUS introductory program is applied to doctors trained in countries within the EU but outside of Sweden. Prerequisites are knowledge of the Swedish language at the lowest level B2 and employment in the Västra Götaland Region. Swedish licence to practice is not a requirement.
The purpose of PLUS is to create familiarity in the Swedish health care system for doctors trained abroad by contributing with increased knowledge and understanding. The goal is for the participants to develop good language skills, a good understanding of attitudes and treatment issues as well as familiarity with the regulations that apply and which actors and partners exist around health care. This contributes to increased security for the participant and thus increased patient safety in care.
The education includes:
- continuation course in the Swedish language with communication and culture (level C1)
- lectures and seminars: topics related to the professional approach in Swedish health care; for example, interprofessional collaboration, ethics, person-centred care, laws and regulations, documentation, insurance medicine, mental illness and more
- group supervision in small groups with reflection on own experiences and theoretical sections, under the guidance of experienced doctors.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
- During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Mediflexible
- 5 months long, free Swedish course on B2-level, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
- Assistance during the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
- Assistance in finding a flat or house for the applicant
- Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
- Assistance in the first steps to be able to settle down in Sweden
Documents required for application:
- Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
- Cover letter
- scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
If you are interested please send your detailed professional CV and other necessary documents to firstname.lastname@example.org