Child and Adolescence Medicine Reception, Hälsans Care Centre
Jönköping city, Jönköping Region, Sweden
Requirements for education
Specialist exam in Paediatrics from within EU.
The work requires medical competence in the entire paediatric area except for diabetes and oncology. It is desirable to have 3 years’ experience as a specialist in paediatrics. You must be able to work independently and be able to carry out on-call work at the children’s clinic at Ryhov County Hospital, including handling emergency situations during childbirth.
Skills and abilities required for the position
- To work with the child at the centre and to allow children and parents to participate in care and treatment.
- To have experience in and to be able to handle emergency situations and acutely ill new-born children in connection with childbirth in a safe way.
- The work requires that you work according to the developed routes of receptions, PM and routines. The work also includes participating in developing these ones.
Personal qualities required for the position
- good collaborative ability,
- stay calm in an emergency situation
- to work in an efficient and structured way.
On-call duty is carried out according to a fixed duty-scheme. Today, the on-call activity includes one Saturday (daytime) or one Sunday (daytime) in four weeks, as well as one weekday evening in four weeks.
Supervision is a major and important part of the work. Paediatricians supervise doctor candidates, ST (trainee) doctors in general medicine and paediatrics.
The work schedule is determined according to the needs of the activity from Monday to Friday, daytime.
Salary for staff with Swedish legitimation
You will start by being employed as a doctor’s assistant with a salary of 55,000 SEK / month with a general fixed-term employment contract for a six months’ period while the language develops and the introduction takes place in the workplace. During this period, deepening of language skills on C1-level is offered, two days a week for 12 weeks.
When Swedish legitimation and licence to practice as a specialist in Sweden has been issued by the Socialstyrelsen (National Board of Health), the employment will be changed to permanent and new salary will be paid as specialist doctor in accordance with the agreement. Salary will be minimum 63.000 SEK/month, which is for newly specialized paediatricians. The longer professional background one has, the higher salary one earns.
The monthly salary for a pediatrician is on average SEK 83,200 in Sweden
Planned date of employment
Description of the goal of activity
Our business is to be mainstreamed by a basis of value where treatment, trust and participation are important. We offer children investigation, care and treatment with high medical skills. Our accessibility is important both as for new visits and return visits. The Convention on the Rights of the Child is a natural part in our meetings with the families.
Description of the clinic
The Child and Adolescent Medicine Reception in Jönköping is one of three specialist receptions in the county. The reception is located in the Hälsans Care Centre in Jönköping. The business is well established and has a clear mission in outpatient care for paediatric and adolescent medicine. We work to give advice, investigate and treat children and young people aged 0 to 17. Within Region Jönköping County, children aged 0 up to 1 year have their primary level of care within specialist care.
Within the clinic there are 22 child specialists and 2 trainee doctors in paediatrics. Other staff are children’s nurses and care administrators.
Plans for the future:
We are faced with improving, developing and ensuring all our processes. It is a work where the participation and commitment of all employees is important. We are in constant development to meet tomorrow’s needs, to develop our skills and be an attractive employer. We are moving to new suitable premises in Roselunds Care Centre in autumn 2024.
In addition to an introduction at the Child and Adolescent Medicine Reception, an introduction will also take place at the Children’s clinic at Ryhov County Hospital before any on-call duty. We have good experience with overseas recruitment and our new employees state that they enjoy themselves and feel that they have been well welcomed and given good conditions to perform their profession in a good working environment. The clear and structured introduction has been appreciated.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
- During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Mediflexible
- 6-7 months long, free Swedish course, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
- Free language education for family members – to B2 level for spouses and school-age children, to C1 level for spouses who have jobs with licence requirement
- Assistance in the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
- 40 hours long free Swedish legal and social training
- Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
- Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
- Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
Documents required for application:
- Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
- scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
- scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
- two English-speaking reference persons who are reachable on phone
- proof of language knowledge (if you have such)
If you are interested, please send your detailed professional CV and other necessary documents to email@example.com