Specialist in Endocrinology (and Internal Medicine)
Hospital in Arvika in Värmland Region
Värmland Region, Sverige is looking for specialist doctors
Together with our patients, we strengthen public health and develop health care so that it can contribute to a world-class quality of life for Värmland’s 290.000 inhabitants. We run health centres throughout Värmland and there are three emergency hospitals here: in Arvika, Karlstad and Torsby.
Our healthcare is knowledge-based and appropriate, individualized, efficient and equal. We work with a person-centred care that is based on the individual patient’s needs. Care should be given close to the patient, and on the patient’s terms.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR COLLEAGUES
Now we are looking for colleagues who want to be involved, developed and evolve together with us. We are looking for you who is a specialist both in Endocrinology and in Internal Medicine or who is a specialist in Endocrinology with broad competences in General Internal Medicine .
• Specialist in Endocrinology
• Must be able to run a reception within endocrine diseases
• It is an advantage if one has the speciality in General Internal Medicine, too
• Must be able to handle patients with general internal medicine diseases
• Must be able to participate in on-call activity within Internal Medicine
• Social competence and cooperation skills
• B driving licence is a must
ABOUT THE WORKPLACE:
The inpatient care in Arvika has a medicine reception where there are receptions in several different specialties, including endocrinology and as an endocrinologist you will run that reception. We have two care departments within internal medicine, emergency reception and ICU.
You will be part of inpatient care in Arvika (medical clinic) and will be responsible for reception, the care department, the emergency room and for patients with internal medicine conditions in ICU. On-call activities for General Internal Medicine are included.
Region Värmland applies individual salary setting,
Starting salary for young specialists in 2023 in Region Värmland is 67.000 SEK (directly after specialist training without any experience as a specialist). It is around 6.500 EUR.
The average salary for specialist doctors in Sweden was between 77-85.000 SEK (around 7.500-8.200 EUR) in 2022.
Your benefits as an employee
Within the Värmland Region, we have an important assignment. We are there for everyone in Värmland to feel good. That is why we as an employer take care of you. Here we list some benefits:
- All employees with us have at least 25 vacation days. From when you turn 40 you have 31 days and from when you turn 50 you have 32 days and as a new employee you have paid vacation earned from the very first day. We offer more days than the holiday law sets.
- We give employees the opportunity for learning and developing skills in their daily work.
- We take care of you as an employee and create conditions for financial security throughout life. We have good benefits and various insurances.
- In most of our activities, there is the possibility of flexitime.
We share knowledge, experiences and clear strategies to be able to handle new challenges and quickly integrate into Swedish society. We also help you and your family with the relocation and establishment process. Read more at Ny i Värmland – https://nyivarmland.se/relocation-service/
A more comfortable life in Värmland
- Värmland is a vigorous, creative, welcoming and open place where you can live a more comfortable life. Here you work and live surrounded by a wild nature with effervescent deep forests, calm lakes, lively rivers and fine farms. The environment is open and welcoming with an international business community, a strong storytelling tradition, inspiring culture, access to sports and outdoor life and an innovative university. Oslo is only 100 km from the national border, while Stockholm is 250 km from the county’s eastern border. There is great access to water here with a total of 11.118 lakes and rivers, and Sweden’s and the European Union’s largest lake Vänern in the south.
- The area of Västra Värmland borders Norway and has an environment that invites for spontaneous outdoor life with access to a rich wildlife as well as plenty of forests and waterways. Here there is room to live close to nature and at the same time find a better balance in life with great development opportunities in professional life. For the family, Sweden offers generous parental leave, cheap preschool and free studies right up to university level.
- Here you can read more about Värmland https://visitvarmland.com/english/
Hospital in Arvika
Region Värmland runs three hospitals; in Karlstad, Arvika and Torsby, with a variety of specialist receptions. In total, we employ approximately 700 doctors, 2.200 nurses and 1.200 assistant nurses. As one of the largest employers in Värmland, we have roughly 7.400 employees and run 20 health centres with GPs as well as maternity and childcare. We have good experience from recruitment from other countries as well as expertise in laws and regulations regarding migration and authorization of doctors from abroad.
This hospital has most specialties. The surgical activities are extensive in orthopaedics and surgery, including endoscopic activities. We also conduct business in medicine, X-ray, rehabilitation, laboratory with blood donation, surgery and intensive care. At the hospital, there is also a psychiatric reception, gynaecological reception, an ear, nose and throat reception, a hearing centre, an oncologist reception and an eye reception with belonging subspecialties. The number of care places amounts to 50.
The emergency reception is open 24 hours a day, and the primary care on-call centre is also located here on weekends.
The hospital has about 530 employees.
Welcome to Värmland!
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
- During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel, accommodation and meals are financed by Mediflexible
- 6-7 months long, free intensive Swedish course up to C1 level, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
- Free language education for family members – up to B2 level for spouses and school-age children
- Help with the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
- Free Swedish legal and social training which consists of 40 lessons
- Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
- Assistance in job-searching for the spouse
- Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
- Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
- When moving, transport of furniture is financially supported by the employer. The sum is individually agreed.
Documents required for application:
- Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
- Cover letter
- Scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
- Scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
If you are interested, please send your detailed professional CV and other necessary documents to firstname.lastname@example.org