Specialist in Intensive Care/ Anaesthesiology
Hospital in Torsby city in Värmland Region
Värmland Region, Sweden is looking for specialist doctors
Together with our patients, we strengthen public health and develop health care so that it can contribute to a world-class quality of life for Värmland’s 290,000 inhabitants. We run health centres throughout Värmland and there are three emergency hospitals here: in Arvika, Karlstad and Torsby.
Our healthcare is knowledge-based and appropriate, individualized, efficient and equal. We work with a person-centred care that is based on the individual patient’s needs. Care should be given close to the patient, and on the patient’s terms.
We are looking for colleagues
Now we are looking for colleagues who want to be involved and develop and be developed together with us. We are looking for you who are a specialist in:
- ICU / Anaesthesiology, from within the EU
We share knowledge, experiences and clear strategies to be able to handle new challenges and quickly integrate into Swedish society. We also help you and your family with the relocation and establishment process. Read more at: https://nyivarmland.se/relocation-service/
Your benefits as an employee
Within the Värmland Region, we have an important assignment. We are there for everyone in Värmland to feel good. That is why we as an employer take care of you. Here we list some benefits:
- All employees with us have at least 25 vacation days and as a new employee you have paid vacation earned from the very first day. We offer more days than the holiday law says.
- We give employees the opportunity for learning and developing skills in their daily work.
- We take care of you as an employee and create conditions for financial security throughout life. We have good benefits and various insurances.
- In most of our operations, there is the possibility of flexitime.
A more comfortable life in Värmland
- Värmland is a vigorous, creative, welcoming and open place where you can live a more comfortable life. Here you work and live surrounded by a wild nature with effervescent deep forests, calm lakes, lively rivers and fine farms. But also an open and welcoming environment, an international business community, a strong storytelling tradition, inspiring culture, sports and outdoor life and an innovative university.
- Here you can read more about Värmland https://visitvarmland.com/english/
About the workplace
Hospital in Torsby:
Here, activities are conducted in medicine, surgery, orthopaedics, urology, gynaecology, anaesthesia, surgery and intensive care, radiology, laboratory, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and palliative care. The surgical activities include both orthopaedics and surgery, including endoscopic activities. There is also a dialysis department here.
We can offer you
- A small emergency hospital with short decision paths and a wonderful companionship
- Nice housing close to nature
- A centre that may not have everything you do not need, but definitely what you need
- Help finding accommodation
- Two hours’ drive from Oslo and one-hour direct flight to Stockholm
- A higher quality of life, opportunity to be in the wilderness, opportunity for hunting and fishing, opportunity for skiing with Sweden’s first ski tunnel around the corner
- A recognized good educational hospital
- A management and staff that cares about you.
About the activity
The hospital in Torsby conducts emergency and planned surgical activity.
The planned activity mainly consists of surgery, orthopaedics and to a lesser extent gynaecology. We also have a county-wide responsibility in bariatric surgery, advanced abdominal wall hernia, abdominoplasty and complicated anal fistulas. In orthopaedics, the majority are hip and knee prostheses. Our intensive care unit has six care places, of which two have respirator facilities and four intermediate care places.
In Torsby, there work five anaesthetists today. The tasks consist of standard tasks for a standby competent anaesthetist such as IVA / IMA, emergency reception, elective and emergency surgical procedures. As an anaesthesiologist at the hospital in Torsby, you become visible and must take your own responsibility, we are a good work team that thrives at work. One of the advantages of working at a smaller hospital is also that communication becomes easier.
We are looking for you who are a licensed doctor with specialist competence in anaesthesia and intensive care. You are accustomed to working independently in the surgical and intensive care unit and have experience as a standby. You are flexible and decisive with good communication skills. Our goal is to continuously work with competence development and further training within the unit and teaching is included in the service.
By individual agreement.
Starting salary for specialists in 2022 in Region Värmland is 67,000 SEK (directly after specialist training without any experience). It is around 6500 EUR.
The average salary for specialist doctors in Sweden is between 77-85.000 SEK (around 7500-8200 EUR).
Welcome to Värmland!
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible:
- During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel, accommodation and meals are financed by Mediflexible
- 6-7 months long, free intensive Swedish course up to C1 level or 4-5 months intensive course up to B2 plus additional 2-3 months besides half-time work up to C1, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
- Free language education for family members – up to B2 level for spouses and school-age children
- Help with the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
- free Swedish legal and social training which consists of 40 lessons
- Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
- Assistance in job-searching for the spouse
- Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
- Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
- When moving, transport of furniture is financially supported by the employer. The sum is individually agreed.
Documents required for application:
- Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
- Cover letter
- Scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
- Scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
If you are interested, please send your detailed professional CV and other necessary documents to email@example.com before 29. May.