Job for General Nurses in Middle-Sweden
Inpatient Care, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Requirements for education
Nursing diploma from within EU or at least three years of relevant work experience on the field of nursing in an EU member country.
General nurses without any experience in Psychiatry are also welcome, although if you have specialist training or some experience in psychiatric care, it can be an asset. It is also an advantage if you have experience in inpatient care (especially if in psychiatry) or in child psychiatric care.
It is necessary to be interested in working with eating disorders and/ or with children and their parents.
Introduction and training in the psychiatric area one will work on will be provided.
Experience in somatic care is a must as there are both physical-medical and psychiatric care.
It is also required to have experience in working in inconvenient hours as there is work scheduled in the evenings, weekends or nights as well.
To take on night and weekend-shifts is a must. Those, who want to work only daytime are not welcomed.
Personal qualities required for the position
For us, personal suitability is important and to succeed in this role we would like to see that you are a calm and stable person with a good ability to make constructive decisions in care-related situations. You have very good cooperation skills and adapt your way of communicating in a responsive way based on the person and the situation. Furthermore, we would like to see that you can create structure and make correct priorities in your work.
Planned date of employment
The salary-scale is wide, it is 27.500-46.500 SEK for general nurses and 33.150-55.700 for specialist nurses, depending on professional background (number of years as a nurse/ specialist nurse, ability to work independently in Sweden, language skills, ranking etc.).
Though, the average salary for general nurses is 33.000-40.000 SEK and for specialist nurses is 36-42.000 SEK.
The first salary for newly graduated nurses is 27.500 SEK. The salary during the introductory period will be the same for nurses from abroad during a temporary period of maximum 6 months.
Description of the department and the job
Patients requiring inpatient care have conditions in which the patient is unable to function in nearly all areas, and/or requires substantial supervision and monitoring to prevent harm to others or self, and/or severe impairment of reality perception, communication, cognition, affect or personal hygiene. For example, often violent, repeated suicide attempts or severe disruption of all communication, significantly socially unavailable.
• Acute psychosis
• Acute stress reaction
• Acute suicide risk – preparation, advanced plans or completed attempts
• Acute aggressive behaviours with a risk of harming oneself or others
• Life-threatening eating disorder
As a ward nurse, you are the spider in the ward where you are the link between the daily nursing staff and the doctor. The role includes work management in the daily work, assessment of patients’ somatic and psychiatric conditions and needs as well as participation in care planning together with a psychologist, counsellor, doctor and nurse. As a nurse, you create and maintain daily routines together with other staff.
The efforts carried out in inpatient care are planned based on the patient’s individual needs and include:
– Protection (supervision)
– Child psychiatric assessment
– Crisis support
– Parental support
– Family discussion
– Support calls with department staff
– ADL training
– Psychotherapeutic efforts
– Medical treatment
– Eating disorder treatment
– Interventions to stabilize sleep and activation
When you start with us, you will receive individual training based on your circumstances.
You work day, evening and weekend.
About Psychiatry in the region
County health care psychiatry and habilitation coordinates the county health care for adult psychiatry, child and adolescence psychiatry and habilitation. County health care operations are conducted at a number of receptions located in several locations in the county. The area has approximately 700 employees.
The Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinic is a county-wide clinic with approximately 120 employees with inpatient care operation and an intermediate care operation.
We use different treatment methods, both individually and in groups, which rest on a systemic, behaviour-analytic and neuropsychiatric approach. There are good opportunities for supervision and further training within the clinic.
About the hospital
Working here, inpatient care is meaningful and exciting work where you meet patients in crisis with great care needs. We use evidence-based treatment methods in accordance with national care and intervention programs. All treatment takes place in close collaboration with family, other networks and other care providers such as schools and social services.
We have five beds and accepts children and young people up to the age of 18 with severe or acute psychiatric problems who are in need of round-the-clock psychiatric care. Patients are always cared for together with their guardians. In the ward, carers and nurses work in teams with doctors, counsellors, psychologists, educators, physiotherapists and dieticians. The work is carried out in close and good cooperation with other receptions within child psychiatry.
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
– During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Mediflexible
– 6-7 months long, free Swedish course, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
– Free language education for family members (spouses and school-aged children) on basic level, or to C1 level for spouses who are also healthcare staff
– Assistance in the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
– 40 hours long free Swedish legal and social training
– Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
– Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
– Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
In this region, one can receive further benefits, too. These are means-tested benefits, so it is individually judged which benefit can be received (none, one of them or both) for an individual.
– In connection with moving from another location, a reasonable relocation allowance can be issued. The region pays a moving company after having received at least 2-3 different quotes from different moving companies from which the region will choose the one it will pay.
– Start-up grants also can be issued up to SEK 40,000 (excluding social security contributions). The grant is paid out in four instalments during a two-years’ period. A repayment obligation will be regulated in a contract, in the event that the employment period set in the Guarantee of Employment will not be completed.
Documents required for application:
– Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
– scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
– scanned version of medical and specialist certificates with English translation (no official needed)
– two English-speaking reference persons who are reachable on phone
If you are interested, please send your detailed professional CV and other necessary documents as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org