Requirements for education
Diploma in Operation Room Nursing from within the EU.
2-5 years, if possible.
Competences and skills required for the position
- openness to development and guidance
- interest in planned and emergency medical care.
Personal qualities required for the position
- ability to work together
Alone as Operation Room Nurse together with the rest of the Operation Room-team.
Active working time with 7 nights in 15 weeks.
- High work ethic
- takes own initiatives
- sees the big picture
- works in team.
Salary for staff with Swedish legitimation
34.300-45.100 SEK/ month (3.400-4.400 EUR)
Planned date of employment
As soon as possible.
Planned operations are performed with good quality, with good processes, with high security and at the right time. We must be prominent in the areas we work with and be able to compare ourselves with other corresponding clinics. Acute surgeries must be performed within medical priority.
Description of the clinic
The Department of Surgery and Intensive Care is one of Highland Hospital’s largest clinics with approximately 200 employees in intensive care, anaesthesia, surgical care, day surgery activity, sterile technological activity and care administration.
The clinic consists of intensive care unit, operating department, day surgery unit and consulting services. We have divided the clinic into:
- Intensive care
- Surgical care
- Postoperative care (recovery ward)
- Pain treatments
- Sterile technology activities.
The ambition is to be a clinic at the forefront and a model when it comes to quality and working environment. Our clinic has moved into completely new premises in 2020 and is now one of Sweden’s most modern OP / ICU clinics.
As an operating staff, you work in all operating specialties, which gives you broad knowledge.
You come to an open work climate with a constant focus on values and good treatment. You work close to the patient based on an empathic holistic approach and may also collaborate with other clinics.
You get a lot of knowledge about medical devices in our high-tech advanced clinic.
This is what you have to work with:
As an Operation Room Nurse, you are part of a surgical team. In addition to responsibility for materials and hygiene, the patient’s well-being and integrity fall within your area of responsibility. At the time of surgery, you assist the surgeon, which requires good knowledge in anatomy, physiology and surgical methods and techniques. The tasks are very varied and you will work towards many different specialties, such as surgery, orthopaedics, gynaecology and urology, ENT and anaesthesia.
For you to enjoy yourself with us:
In order for you to thrive with us, we believe that you are structured, safe and stable in your way of working with a positive attitude. You have a good ability to work together, a positive attitude and are flexible in your way of working. It is important to us that you have a high work ethic, can take your own initiatives and have the ability to see the big picture. You have a good ability to listen, communicate and collaborate with colleagues. You also have an ability to remain calm in pressured and changed situations. Great emphasis will be placed on personal suitability.
We value this highly
We have a patient-centred approach and have both the skills and the opportunity to focus on one patient at a time. A good experience for the patient in a difficult situation is our focus. The patients at our clinic must receive the right care and treatment at the right time based on their needs.
We have a good atmosphere at the unit and the clinic, we work for a good work environment and for the individual’s development.
About Highland Hospital (Höglandssjukhuset)
It is a modern emergency hospital and one of the largest county hospitals in Sweden.
Eksjö is called “the unique wooden town” and is located in the Småland highlands close to nature and with nice running and skiing trails around the knot. The nature is wonderful and offers many opportunities for experiences beyond the ordinary. It is a fantastic city with good schools for children of all ages and a high school with a very good reputation thanks to its good results. Information about Eksjö: https://www.visitsmaland.se/en/experiences/culture-and-history/eksjo
Services offered by the employer and Mediflexible
- During the personal visit which is part of the interview process, the cost of travel and accommodation is financed by Mediflexible
- 6-7 months long, free Swedish course, financial support during the course (the amount is topic of negotiation)
- Free language education for family members – to B2 level for spouses and school-age children, to C1 level for spouses who have jobs with licence requirement
- Assistance in the application for Swedish license to practice, supervision of the process
- 40 hours long free Swedish legal and social training
- Integration assistance (assistance in registering at tax authority, opening bank account, etc.)
- Assistance in finding school/kindergarten for the children
- Assistance in the organization of moving and in apartment-seeking
Documents required for application:
- Professional English CV in which your experience (number of completed examinations/surgeries, with differentiation between pre-and post-specialization experience) are detailed
- cover letter
- Scanned version of license to practice in home country with English translation (no official needed)
- Scanned version of nursing certificate(s) with English translation (no official needed)
- Two English-speaking reference persons who are reachable on phone
- Proof of language knowledge (if you have such)